Chapter 12: The Missions Beginning

(Zayn's P.O.V)

"Yellow?" Skylar said through the phone.

We were all crowded around Liam's phone that was on the coffee table in the living room. It was on speaker so we can all hear her. I looked over to Cleo who was sitting besides me on the couch and saw her fold her arms, deep in concentration about something I could tell.

I wonder if it's about the kiss I gave her.

"Hey Skylar your on speaker and we're ready to hit the road." Liam answered.

"All trained up properly?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Do not refer to me ma'am every again."

"Sorry Skylar."

"So Zayn, how are you holding up?" She asked all of a sudden.

"Uhhh, fine?" I answered, confused about what she's letting on.

"Cleo?" She asked. I didn't hear anything so I turned to face her and saw her staring off into space.

"Cleo?" I asked while nudging her foot. She jolted back into reality and looked at me.

"Yes?" She asked me.

"Skylar." I said nodding my head into the phone's direction.

"Oh, uh, hi Skylar." Cleo said staring at the phone.

"Cleo are you alright?" I heard Skylar ask in a concerned tone.

"Yeah just thinking about stuff that's all. Nothing to get all worked up or something." Cleo lightly chuckled.

"Oh alright. Did any of you two love birds learn new things sbout being connected to each other yet?" She asked. Oh, that's what she's trying to find out.

I felt the heat creep up in my cheeks and I looked down to the floor. I could tell that Cleo is having the same reaction.

"Yeah, whenever either of them are feeling a strong feeling, like angry or pure joy, the other could feel it." Harry said

"AND THAT ZAYN WAS THE CLEO'S FIRST KISS!!!" Louis shouted. I jumped off the couch and held him in a chokehold before he had any chance of running. I could see Louis hands try to peel my arms off but I kept a tight grip. I heard all of the other boys shouting.

"OI! ZAYN STOP CHOKING HIM RIGHT NOW!" Liam shouted.

"Play dead," I whispered so quietly none could have seen it. I saw Louis head shift very very sligthly. After another 5 seconds, I felt Louis go still and I let go.