Chapter 9: The Conversation

(Louis's P.O.V)

I was released from my abilitized cage that Cleo created as soon as she hit the ground. I dropped to the floor and I ran over to where the other boys were huddling around her. She looked pale but I could tell that she wasn't dead. Zayn picked her up.

"C'mon, lets go upstairs into my," he hesitated, "bedroom."

Seem like someone hasn't walked down memory lane in a while, but I never saw his old bedroom before.

This is gonna be interesting.

We went up the stairs with Zayn leading and then went up another flight of stairs. Then we ended up facing a long corridor.

"Ok lets see," Zayn mumbled while walking down the corridor "Waliyha... Safaa... Doniya... here we go."

He opened the last door that was on the right side and we all piled in.

The walls were a white cream color and there were hints of blue all across the room. Of course, his drawings from his life were stuck to the walls and there were a cluster of books and papers by the computer that was on a study desk. Zayn immediately went to the queen size bed that was already fixed and laid Cleo down gently. He then sat at the end of the bed and looked around his room like it was the first time he ever been in it.

"Oh I remember this." Zayn said while getting up and observe a picture that was made using of what it seem to be charcoal. The picture displayed the band of N'SYNC and quite honestly it was really good.

"N'SYNC obsession I see." I mumbled while walking over to the picture.

"I wasn't obsessed, just... dedicated." Zayn tried to defend himself.

"Zayn," Liam said, "how come you didn't faint or get a hint of nausea or even get any weird feeling when Cleo fainted?"

"I don't know." he said slowly.

"So so far," Harry said, "you get the same feeling as Cleo when either of you are upset, at least, that's what I remember."

"So maybe it's just extreme feelings." Niall piped up.

"Yeah but fainting is extreme."

"But fainting is not a feeling."

"I wonder if it's the same with reading minds." Liam thoughtfully said. The three of them then just continued to evaluate all the connectivities between Cleo and Zayn. I glanced over at Cleo who was still laying still on the bed which Zayn just sat on. I looked at Zayn's face.

He was staring at her with great intensity in his eyes. Maybe he do truly love her, not because they are linked but because of her personality. I mean she is witty and sarcastic and she really does look pretty.

Not that I'm trying to steal your girl Zayn, but seriously, she's one hell of a girl.

"Hey Zayn," I started, "can you come with me downstairs. I need to get my phone which is in my jacket pocket."

He snapped back at me, his eyes with a hint of anxiousness but it disappeared really quickly. It looks like Zayn doesn't want to leave Cleo out of his sight. "Can't you get it on your own?" he asked.

"Yes, but you see, I might get easily lost."

He raised an eyebrow. "Ok fine, I might take a smoke outside one time also." Zayn shrugged.

"Zayn, don't you ever plan to quite smoking?" Liam asked.

"Yes, later in the week or something." Zayn exaggeratedly stated.

"Whatever, carry on. Harry, Niall and I are gonna stay in the bedroom to keep an eye on Cleo." Liam shrugged.

Zayn got up and both of us went out of the bedroom, into the hallway and down the stairs until we reach a coat rack. I grabbed my jacket and Zayn did the same and we both headed outside. Zayn took out a cigarette and a lighter and while he was busy trying to light the cigarette, I started to make conversation.

"Does your parents know you smoke?" I ask in complete disgust while looking at him. He finally lit the cigarette to light and he blowed out smoke.

"Yes, I mean, that would be very hard to hide from them wouldn't it be." Zayn answered. "Now tell me Louis, what do you really want to talk to me about."

I was dumbfounded. "I...um...that was...how did you know-?"

"Seriously Louis," Zayn chuckled, "I would not believe for a second that a 21 year old would have trouble looking for his jacket to find his cell phone which was actually in his jeans pocket the whole time."

"..."

Zayn then fully started to laugh. "You actually believe I would fall for that?"

"How do you know my phone was in my jeans pocket?!?" I asked shocked.

"I saw you put it in their while we getting ready to leave."

"Oh." was all I managed to mutter. I scratched the back if my neck.

"So," Zayn said after he let out smoke, "what do you want to talk to me about?"

"You love Cleo!" I exclaimed, getting to the point.

"Of course, she's my eternal girlfriend why wouldn't I?" But what gave away the bluntness of how he said it was the red that crept up into his cheek.

"Then why are you blushing?" I asked while smirking.

"I AM NOT BLUSHING!!!" Zayn sort of shouted but couldn't help the stupid smirk from appearing on his face.

"Why are you smiling then." I asked raising an eyebrow while smiling.

"...Shut the hell up." Zayn said looking away.

"I thought so." I said with triumph, "So spill. How are you going to win her heart?"

"I already HAVE her heart." Zayn exaggerated.

"Yes, yes." I said ignoring the fact that they are linked. "But, you two hardly know each other enough to be in a proper relationship anyway so your argument about you two being linked is quite invalid."

"I see you have a point."

"So..."

"Well it might be difficult having a proper date with her since we'll be pretty busy trying to save the U.K." Zayn stated in a matter of factly tone.

"I suppose so."

"So maybe afterwards, I could plan a movie or something."

"Good idea. See, your getting the hang of this relationship thing." I said smiling, but realizing what I said afterwards, I rushed to apologize. Zayn's eyes became a dark brown.

"Mate, I am so sorry I didn't mean to say you were horrible with relationships or-"

"Louis..."

"Yeah."

"Do you think that was the reason why Perrie and I broke up with each other? Because I was horrible at being a boyfriend?"

"NO!" I said aggressively, instantly putting my two hands on each of his shoulder and I turn him to face me. "You were not a horrible boyfriend to Perrie. It's just that Perrie couldn't see that she had a great guy and lost him by being distant and to be honest, she didn't even look like she cared about you anymore after a while. She changed. Fame went to her head. The end to that love story. Now you have Cleo, whether you like it or not, though I could tell that you do like it. Cleo is... awesome. She's funny, smart, witty, and she's drop dead beautiful," by this point Zayn raised an eyebrow, "not that I'm gonna try to date her or anything." The eyebrow went down, "Now where was I... oh right, she's a great girl and she gets along well with all of us. Honestly, she's like a sister to the rest of us and I could tell that she loves you with all her heart, not because you guys are linked, but because she truly does have feelings for you and I know you are gonna treat her like how Niall would treat his princess"

"...You sound extremely gay."

"I'm here for ya sista!" I said making my voice sound high pitch and snapping my fingers in a z-formation. Zayn laughed.

"Now lets go inside because I am freezing and I don't know how much more of cigarette smoke I can accidentally inhale." Zayn shooked his head but put out his cigarette anyway. We started to head back inside until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Louis, thank you." Zayn said while giving me a friendly smile.

"No problem kiddo!" I said while ruffling his hair.

"STOP! Ok #1) do NOT call me kiddo. I know you might be the oldest out of all of us, but your maturity level is like an 8 year old and #2) DO NOT RUFFLE MY HAIR!!!" Zayn complained. I simply just laughed.

We made our way up the stairs and down the corridor and we barged into the room. I saw Harry, Niall, and Liam crowding around Cleo and Zayn and I made our way over.

And I saw the most amazing thing ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovely readers who I never met in my life. (besides those few...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!)

I believe this chapter marks the new record of how long it takes me to make a new update so YAY for me.

I'm proud of my achievement.

So I know I have readers who don't comment. PLEASE COMMENT! I don't bite and you could even come and say hi. I feel so lonely!

Vote, comment, follow, do whatever your heart desire!

-Shiv :)