Chapter 5: The Surprise

(Zayn's P.O.V.)

"Ok so, just to get this out of the way, our 2 months off of tour vacation will be spent in a way differently then we expect lads." Liam began nervously.

"What do you mean differently?" Louis asked.

"Wait," I began, "Louis, Harry, Niall... Liam didn't tell you guys what's going on?" Wouldn't have Liam told them? I mean, as far as I know, they were helping him 'pick up' Cleo as they like to call it.

"He only told us that we need to kidnap Cleo to question her about her abilities and we needed to have you tied up and put up on the roof because you would get out of control if you see her getting hurt," Niall told me, "other then that, he didn't tell us anything else."

"You would get out of control if you saw me get hurt?" Cleo asked quietly. I started to feel the redness creep up onto my cheeks.

"It's another story that you would find out eventually." I stated simply.

"As I was saying," Liam said loudly, "the reason why-" then he stopped all of a sudden.

"Let me start from the beginning instead."

"That's sounds like a great idea." Harry said sarcastically.

"Ok well after Zayn's break down in the lobby, I went upstairs and called Skylar as soon as possible." Liam said.

Then Cleo raised her hand up. Aw, she looks so adorable-

Okay where did that come from.

Liam gave me a weird look. Probably because he saw what was going on in my mind. "Yes, Cleo?"

"Ok two questions. Why did Zayn have a break down and who is Skylar?" How many times do I have to blush in one day?

"I'll start with who is Skylar because that would help you understand Zayn's break down." Liam answered and Cleo nodded.

"Skylar is our manager...well sort of. You see she's the one who gave each of us a specific ability and trained us to control and contain them two years ago. We've been in contact with her ever since then. She also explained to us the side effects of getting these abilities, which would get me to the point of Zayn's breakdown. Cleo, are you with me so far?"

"I think so, but continue." She answered.

"Now Zayn had a break down earlier today, after we left the bakery. At first I didn't realize it but then after noticing that he wasn't talking ever since we left the bakery, I knew something was wrong. So when he said he would be outside, which meant he would be going outside to smoke, I followed him." Liam continued.

"You smoke?" Cleo asked me.

I looked down at the floor. Oh god, she probably thinks that I try to be a typical bad boy like the media poses me to be. "Yeah, I try to quit but I-"

"Me too." She said, cutting me off with a smile on her face. "No need to be nervous about it."

"What?!" We all shouted in surprise.

"Well, my main ability is fire, so obviously I would have gotten into smoking." she explained. She then turned back to me. "So don't worry, you're not alone." And she gave me a high five. When our hands made contact I felt my palm heat up. Apparently that happened to both of since we pulled away quickly.

I saw Liam notice but didn't say anything. Instead he changed the subject.

"You do know that smoking is bad for you right?" Of course, Liam must come in with his health facts.