Thine Lord and Father. (Yep, a prick like his son.)

I apologize for the short, 600 word chapters. They may get longer in the future. Thank you for reading.

     Also: Ignore the background for the picture. He's the King.

     Also also: All the titles and everything like that are from Juliet's POV. Just wanted to clear that up to prevent any confusion. Titles are all her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     He stepped back and roughly grabbed my arm, forcing my in front of him. I felt lightheaded but managed to stay upright. The walk through the elegant, beautiful mansion was sort of blurred by my effort to stay upright.

     Eventually we made it to double doors. They were huge and, surprise surprise, dark oak. All the doors I've seen are intricately carved. The mansion, or whatever I'm in, is huge and has a dark aura, not made any better by the fact that everything is dark. No light colors. My pale skin seems to glow in the soft light from the small almost torch-like lights on the wall. I can barely think straight, having to focus mainly about staying on my feet and not passing out. He really did drain me, literally. I hid it as best I could but I don't know how well that is.

     My heart is pounding quickly in my chest and I'm having a hard time getting a full breath. My head is pulsing still, slightly more painful, and of course, to top it off I'm still lightheaded. Is it just nerves? The doors open to a huge throne room and Ashborne pushes me inside, the iron grip still hurting my arm. 

     There was a man with black hair, blue-silver eyes, and had some facial hair. There was a gold crown set on his head and he had a sword leaning on the throne. His outfit looked royal. It's crimson and black and everything make him look like a King. But he isn't, right? The room was empty except the three of us. We got about 20 feet from the throne and Ashborne forced me to my knees, bowing before the man on the throne. He bowed slightly and stood upright. He'd grabbed my wrists and twisted them behind my back, holding them both with one hand.

     The adrenaline coursing through my made me forget the pain and let me breathe. I never physically showed any of that so I'm not sure if either of them have caught on yet. I hope they don't. My father always said I was lying and I got beat for that too. I was weak and couldn't hide that. I didn't even try. There's no point in acting strong around people who could kill you regardless.

     "I brought the girl your Majesty." Ash said, the man on the throne nodding. Ash's tone was slightly mocking. Wait...his dad was the King? Of what? Ashborne's a Prince?

     "So I see, she smells delicious. Bring her to me." I can't see Ash because he's behind me but I think he nodded, forcing me to my feet. My terror was taking over. I can't fight back. Please...please no...

     I kept my eyes on the ground and winced as I was shoved forward, right into the King, who in seconds was in front of me. Ash had let go but my hands were bound. When did that happen? I tried to back up but the King's arm wrapped around me fast and restricted my movements. I struggled for a second. I glanced up into golden eyes and looked back down at his chest, squeezing my eyes closed and relaxing, my forehead on his chest. I bit my lip. This is all too much.