Phoenix.

I snapped back to reality. The hunger overwhelmed me. Damn. I haven't drank in so long. I got a glance in the mirror. Gold eyes looked back at me. I'm not crying blood. I took a breath, closing my eyes. When I opened them again they had gone back to their silver. I put on the cloak, hood up, head down. I went into the hall and turned, heading to the throne room. I wish it wasn't so far away. I know why he didn't move to my old room but still. I can't go through my room and plead ignorance. I just hope I get to them before either Klaus finds me or them. Damn. I moved swiftly but not to fast. My headache left. All the memories of my childhood returning.

     I touched my neck, healed. I clasped my hand around my wrist and froze. Moving my sleeve. No scars. I felt my body healing the damage done when I was a human. Cool? I shook my head. The scars not completely healing is the one on my shoulder from the vampire blade and the dagger scar on my stomach from when I was a child. I can feel them fading but I highly doubt their completely gone. I'd always thought it was from my adoptive father's abuse. I shook my head, continuing to move. My spirits were rising. Phoenix. I get to see him again, as me. The pure blood.

     "Well hello. Where do you think you're going?" Klaus. The fear replaced the rising positives. I turned and saw him with a sword on his hip. Surprise and realization ran through me for a second. I hid it too late. "Seems I was right...Juliet."

     "That's my sword Klaus." venom filled my voice, but I could only bury the fear so much.

     "Technically, some rogues killed you and your family, taking the sword to sell on the black market."

     "You vile-"

     "Watch your mouth!" He said. He smirked, and I heard the scraping of metal as the sword was removed from it's sheath. It was the sword on the pendant, and on the family crest. None can wield it unless their wearing the family pendent dipped in royal blood. Like the one on my chain. Damn. He's too smart.

     I backed up slowly, bringing up a hand to loosed the cloak, it falling from my shoulders. He advanced quickly, vampiric speed. Since not I'm a pure blood (again?) I could watch him, moving faster because of the fact that I'm a member of the royal family. I thank it, as I dodged a lunge. We both move to normal speed, because it's easier to control where you end up and with how much force.

     Our little dance continued, him slicing and lunging with me dodging best I can. I turn to run but feel two deep slashes making an X on my back. It was stupid, I know, I haven't fully gained all my powers back. I cried out, the acid seeping into my system. I look up and see the guards in bloody heaps. They'd been killed instantly on the spot, before Klaus found me. Blood pored out my back onto the stone floor. The acid is stopping the healing. By focusing I managed to slow the bleeding, but I can't for long. I stand, feeling my vision darken. It was too deep. Fatal.

     Klaus chuckled at my attempts. I ignored him, trying to walk forward that extra 20 feet to the door. I fell to my knees. He's so close...

     "I'm happy I finally succeeded in killing the entire royal family. Now there's just one family left." I heard him laugh, sheathing the sword. His footsteps faded. I gathered the last of my strength, making my way forward. I stood, walking like I normally would those last few steps. I pushed on the door, opening it. The King and Phoenix (Ash, whatever) looked confused, shocked that a mere human would be so bold. Tears of joy ran down my face and I smiled. I hadn't in so long. My vision darkened and I collapsed, Phoenix catching me before I hit the ground. He looked at his bloody hand from my back and looked back behind me, shock running over his face.

     "I'm so sorry, Phoenix. I didn't mean to leave for so long." I smiled again, the darkness overtaking me for what will probably be eternal sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     AH SO MANY WORDS! Long chapter.

     Will this be the end? Has Juliet finally remembered who she is and reunited with the man from her dreams to die in his arms by Klaus's hands, while he is using her own blood coated pendant to wield her own sword?

      Vote, comment, and share!

      Thanks for reading!

      Book #2 of the Damned series - Damned Pure-blood Royals.