They Found Out...

I woke up a little bit later. The pain had faded in my neck, wrist, and side. Damion was holding me up and putting a lot of pressure on my shoulder, trying to get the bleeding to stop completely. I cried out, pain shooting through me.

     "Whoa, easy there." Damion said. His grip on me tightened. He was sitting in Ash's room on his bed, my pulled across his lap. I must not have been out long. I gasped for breath, flinching. I was leaning on him on my left side, breathing hard. The stab wound hurt much more than a normal knife...not that I'd know about that...

     "Don't struggle." Ash came in from the hall.

     "You didn't acutally kill him right?" Damion asked, worried. He's talking about Jordan. "You know he has no control over that."

     "No I didn't. She was being insubordinate. No reason to punish someone else for that." Ashborne said cold and hard, walking over. I bit my lip, looking down in my lap and involuntarily wincing when the pressure changed on my shoulder.

     "It still doesn't warrant getting stabbed by a Vampire blade. The venom burns humans, not as much as us but still. Treat her less like a thing and more like someone that can feel pain. You treat her as if she doesn't feel." I looked at Damion, fearful again. He spoke out of turn to a prince. He kept his eyes on Ashborne. Ash grew annoyed quickly. Growling.

     "Speak to me like that again and you'll be the one I treat this way. How I treat my property is none of your business." Ash said, turning and slamming the door behind him. I winced at the noise and shrunk against Damion's chest, not saying a word. I can't get my breath back...

     "A-are you ok s-sir?" I said looking at him. I looked away. "Y-you h-hit the wall pretty...pretty h-hard s-sir."

     "Are you serious?" He asked, worried.

     "I-It was m-my fault, and...and I-I'm sorry s-sir..." I used up a lot and closed my eyes, still trying to breathe.

     "Ashborne!" He shouted. Apparently the blood flow stopped because he let go. The door opened.

     "What." Ash is annoyed.

     "She asked if I was ok and apologized. What the hell did you do to her? She said it was her fault!"

     "I didn't do anything."

     "Cut the BS! This is going to far."

     "It wasn't all him." I think it was Jordan. He was back further than Ash, probably in the door. His voice was guilt-ridden.

     "What do you mean?" Damion asked.

     "Explain." Ash commanded. A heard footsteps and then another set following him.

     "She looks so peaceful." Jordan said, sorrowful.

     "Yea..." Damion said, shifting so I was on the bed beside him. I can't move...I can't even open my eyes...

     I felt the hem of my shirt lift and cool air hit my bruises. I winced.

     "Oh my god." Damion.

     "That's not the worst of it..." Jordan.

     "Whatever." I heard the door shut. Ash left. I think. I don't fully comprehend my surroundings as I'm not fully lucid.

     "Who did this?" Damion sounded worried.

     "I don't know. We can ask her when she wakes up."  Jordan said softly. "But..."

     He leaned me forward, and slowly pulled up the hem. I tried to move, to make them stop. My body jerked slightly, wincing.

     "This wasn't Ash. There's no way, she couldn't have healed that quickly." Damion. I think it was him, he pulled up my shirt further and laid his hand on my back. The hem dropped but the hand was still there. "Damn."

     Someone tugged at my sleeve and I can't...move...it got pulled up. I gave up. Damion pulled me into him, Jordan's hand on my back.

     "Oh...God...you've been through too much for this. I'm sorry." Damion whispered, not aware of me being able to hear them.