Devitt and Lily.

The gold of the crown glinted. I caught a glance of Jordan and Damion off to the side in matching black tuxedos with a crimson tie and navy dress shirt. Their too far away to see much else. I got a closer look at Ash's. Its a black overcoat and tail with a dark navy silk dress shirt. His crimson tie had what looks like gold laced into it, the sword on the tie. The necklace chain was under his collar and the charm rested below the knot of the tie. He looked bored. His hair was still messed up a bit but it didn't seem like he could calm it.

     The crown was gold, intricate, expensive. There was a ruby woven into the center. It was beautiful. Pain shot through my head. I winced slightly. I re-gathered myself. I'm losing the small amount of strength I'd gathered since my capture. How long ago? A couple days? A week? Someone in a completely black tuxedo walked up. He had chocolate skin and pearl teeth. All vampires. Gods. All of them. That's not fair.

     "How nice it must be to be a prince." his voice was smooth.

     "Devitt, how nice of you to stop by." Ash's voice was tense.

     "Still, how you got here...less than fair for the poor Lockharts. But at least the Stoneshires get to profit." Devitt chuckled. What's he talking about. Those names...shocker. Their familiar. Lockhart. A flash of red and pain fills my head. It faded, hopefully fast enough not to be noticed. Ash's knuckles turn white. It hit a nerve. He started to stand, his father noticing.

     "How dare you disgrace the original royal family like that. Their deaths were tragic. I can consider this treason you son of a-"

     "Ashborne." The king stood, grabbing Ash's arm. He turned to Devitt. "Leave."

     Ash's eyes turned gold. He sat down and Devitt bowed, walking away. He left, smirking as soon as he thought Ash wasn't looking. I caught it and I hope that Ash didn't. The crowd picked up where they had left off. They'd gone quiet during the exchange. Someone talking like that to a prince...obviously a bold move. Lethal for some.

     There was a  girl, maybe 8 or 9,  in a navy and black colored dress with curly lightish brown hair and dark brown eyes. She looked like she wanted to speak to Ash but he was pissed. Our eyes met for a split second but I looked at the ground. Yea, she wants to talk to Ash...damn...

     "S-Sire?" I asked, almost silently.

     I hate fear, but it's all I've ever felt. It's just grown since my capture. Only in dreams have I ever felt something other than fear, pain, and depression. I kept my head down. He turned to me with gold eyes, alight with fury. I took a step back.

     "S-Sorry...t-there's just someone here t-to see you, s-sire." I said timidly.

     He looked over and saw the girl. His eyes turned blue and he stood. He walked around the throne and gave a small, soft smile, kneeling with open arms. The girl grinned and ran up to him, hugging him tightly. He stood, her in his arms. He spun a bit and held her tight. It made the fear dissipate a little, watching them.

     "Hey Lily." He wasn't annoyed and it was probably the closest thing to happy I've ever seen him. But there was sadness in his eyes. Why? "How long is your visit? I haven't seen you in forever."

     "I get to stay a month. Mom and dad have things to do with your parents." Her voice was sweet, innocent, but well trained.

     Her words are pronounced clearly, and sound thought-out. All their voices were like that. Intricate. Now that I think about it, mine kinda is too but it's hidden by the fear gripping it. I don't remember the last time I actually talked. Without the fear. I caught sight of a face. A man with tan skin. He was giving off a dark aura. His hair was dark brown and eyes a brown close to black. He's a distance away so that I can't see his eyes. Why do I know their color? Why is my fear mounting to more than I've ever felt?