Red Eyes.

How it looks when the eyes change. (Substitute with the actual colors.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I rubbed my wrists, standing there awkwardly. I kept my eyes on the ground.

     "Come on. Follow us." Jordan said, smiling.

     Why is he being so nice to a human slave? I nodded, following them. I watched my feet.  I pulled back my hair because I know it's rude to let my hair keep falling in my face. Eventually we got to a huge kitchen. There were people running around, preparing meals. Some bowed. Apparently Vampires eat human food too because Damion grabbed a roll and split it in half, giving the other to Jordan. I stood off to the side, out of the way.

     "Come here, it's ok." Damion said. I stepped forward. They tosses a roll at me. I caught it, holding the warm bread in my hand. I looked at it. I'm not particularly hungry.

     "You not hungry?" Jordan. I shook my head. One of them sighed. "Come on, I want to help. Follow ok?"

     "Eat." Damion said, and I picked at it as I followed them out of the kitchen.

     I think they were other slaves because they bowed too. I kept my head down. They must be nobles, or someone like that. I'm not sure. I had eaten the roll by the time we'd reached Ashborne's door. Across the hall there was another single door and they went in, motioning for me to follow.

     Their room was the same as Ash's. Must be the royal colors. Navy and Black, probably crimson and gold as well. They sat on the bed and I stood by the door. Jordan laid down.

     "What's happened?" Damion asked. I shook my head. Jordan sat up and wrapped his legs around Damion and loosely wrapped his arms around his neck. He smiled. This must be why Ash called Jordan lover-boy. Are they a couple? Damion sighed. "You're broke now. Aren't you."

     Jordan looked at me. I didn't move. I kept my eyes on the ground. Fear continues to run through me, it never stopped. The deep-rooted terror remains. Jordan let go and Damion got up, walking over. I shrunk against the wall. He touched my side and I winced, looking away. He gently pulled up the hem of my shirt and I felt the cool air hit the bruises.

     "Who did this to you? Ash?" Jordan asked, worried. My eyes filled with tears. His voice went from worried to solemn. "It wasn't just him...was it?"

     I can't deny them anything, and I have to answer the questions asked.

     "I-It's m-my fault...sirs..." I said, bowing. "I-I should probably go...Prince A-Ashborne probably needs m-me."

     He dropped my shirt. I went to leave and Jordan's eyes went red. Damion stepped between us. Jordan growled,  Damion got defensive and I froze.

     "Jordan. Calm down-"

     "Stop Damion. Shut the fuck up." Jordan's voice was lower, much meaner.

     In a flash Damion cried out and hit the opposite wall, knocked out cold. He slowly made his way to me. His smile was cruel, his eyes shining like blood. He slammed me against the wall and I got dazed. The black spots cleared. He grabbed my throat and pushed me up the wall. I grabbed at his hand, my feet kicking empty air. I can't breathe. I'm having trouble just gasping for air and his hand tightens.

     "Weak, pathetic humans. You get hurt too easily." He smiled viciously and grabbed my shirt. It ripped and exposed my right side. Tears ran down my face. He pulled out a dagger. "See? Look how easily you bleed."

     He sliced my upper left thigh and lower right calf, blood soaking my clothes. He sunk the knife into my left shoulder and I tried to scream, it getting caught in my throat. He loosened his hand a little so I can get enough oxygen to avoid losing consciousness. Pain and warmth spread through my body, the knife still in me. He smiled, inhaling my scent.

     "You smell intoxicating. I just want to...drain you dry."