12. Test of Courage

Haruka POV
(Next Day - Night Time)

I hold a flashlight in my hand as I walk in the forest together with Akaashi at night.

Snap!

I flinch from the sudden snapping noise.

"W-What was that?" I ask with a wavering voice teetering from my usual self.

"You stepped on a twig," Akaashi states and points to the broken twig that I stepped on.

Seriously?!

I clear my throat. "Hahahaha! I-Is that so? Well let's keep going!" I nervously blurt out as I walk ahead of Akaashi so he couldn't see my face.

Akaashi silently analyzes me from behind with a calm expression on his face and I sweatdrop.

Urghhh...

How did I end up in this situation?

I can only reflect back to what happened earlier today.

(One hour earlier)

"Yukie, my muscles are so sore after a long day of practice. I'm dying~" I exaggerate as the two of us head back to the tents.

Grumble Grumble Grumble

"Pfft. I'm guessing you're also dying from hunger even after dinner, huh?" Yukie giggles and my cheeks flush much to my embarrassment.

"N-No I'm not," I pout turning my head to the side with red cheeks.

I already ate dinner earlier, but I'm always hungry for food. How can I not be? Food is satisfying to eat any time of the day.

"I see. Well, how was last night with Akaashi?" Yukie asks me, changing the topic and I glare at her.

"I can't believe you planned that with Bokuto. You're evil Yukie," I frown.

The tips of her lips turn up. "But I'm sure you two enjoyed each other's company, am I right?" Yukie suggestively says as she wiggles her eyebrows and I blush.

"I-It's not appropriate for a boy and a girl to be in the same tent!" I blurt out.

We're not even dating!

Yukie giggles. "The two of you are dating, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with that," she says and I puff my flushed cheeks with a pout.

Yukie tilts her head then pats me on the head as if she was patting the head of a child. "Your reactions are so adorable Haruka. I could see why Akaashi likes you," she teases.

"Eh?" I stare at her with a deadpan look.

Akaashi like me? Yukie must be joking. I can never tell what he's thinking. What's the possibility of Akaashi ever liking me? I'm sure I'm off his radar.

"Why would you say that?" I ask, curious of her response and she smiles.

"Akaashi acts like himself with you. He's open to you, but it seems like you don't realize it even though you're dating him. You're so oblivious Haruka," Yukie comments and my eyes widen.

"I'm not oblivious. All Akaashi does is tease me for his own self amusement," I state as I remember all the times Akaashi would try to mess around with me and Yukie shrugs.

"Well, there are always many different sides to a person, and for Akaashi, he shows a side to you that he keeps hidden from everyone else. That makes you special. You're his girlfriend after all," Yukie explains then winks at me and I sweatdrop.

"I guess..." I mumble not knowing how to argue with Yukie.

I can't tell if she knows the truth or she's just playing along. Yukie is one to fear.