S6. Wedding

I love you for not what you are but for what I become when I am there with you. So be with me forever.

Keiji POV

"Finally," I mumble to myself after I finish checking my hair on the mirror for a second time.

I'm sure my hair looks fine but I'm just nervous since today is our wedding.

I know I shouldn't be. We planned everything together already and so far everything that happened here is to be expected, however, I can't keep myself calm.

I never thought this day would come by so quickly, but it has. I've known Haruka for over 10 years and it was an emotional rollercoaster for me, yet I would be willing to go through it again as long as I can be with her.

"Akaashi! Are you in here?!?" Bokuto knocks then slams the door open. "Hey! Hey! Hey! I found you Akaashi!"

I chuckle. "I guess you have. Haruka is ready isn't she?"

"She is," Bokuto grins. "Today she's really pretty, I bet she can make your heart race super fast!"

I think back to when I was picking a wedding dress with Haruka. I didn't tell her aloud, but I thought she looked pretty in all the dresses that she tried out. "I can't wait." I smile and quickly button up my shirt then put my tie on. "I'm ready so lets go."

I walk to the wedding venue and stand next to the marriage official as I wait for Haruka. I take a look around the venue and see that everyone is here.

The boys volleyball team. The girls volleyball team. Our parents. Along with many other people we knew through our high school experience all came here to celebrate our special day.

The music starts and quickly fix myself a little. I look over to the entrance and see Haruka walk to the stage with her veil on. My eyes widen when I see Haruka in her wedding dress.

Bokuto is right. Even with the veil on, I can tell how stunning Haruka looks.

The marriage official clears his throat and looks at the two of us. "Do you, Akaashi Keiji, take Akiyama Haruka to be your wife, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor her, to love her faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with her this day?"

I look Haruka straight in the eye. "I do." I commit.

"Do you, Akiyama Haruka, take Akaashi Keiji to be your husband, to cherish in friendship and love today, tomorrow and for as long as the two of you live, to trust and honor him, to love him faithfully, through the best and the worst, whatever may come, and if you should ever doubt, to remember your love for each other and the reason why you came together with him this day?"

Haruka looks me in the eye. "I do." She commits.

"You may now kiss the bride," the marriage official says.

I come close to her and move her veil to the side. A gentle smile forms on my face when I see Haruka without her veil. I really am a lucky man.

I put my hand around her waist and lean her back. She puts her hands around my shoulders and I gently kiss her on the lips. I can hear the crowd clapping and cheering for us as we kiss each other out in the open. We slowly pull apart and the tip of my lips turn up. "I guess we're officially married now aren't we? Mrs. Akaashi," I tease.