51. Celebration

Third Person POV
(After Spring High Preliminaries)

"Coach Kaneko's gonna treat us out good tonight!" Mai cheers as she wraps her arm around Chika's neck.

"Damn it senpai!" Chika grunts as she tries to get out of Mai's grip but with no avail.

Chika never knew why she's the victim of Mai's antics when there's also Emiko and Airi around, but those two are too nice so that's probably why... Or at least that's the only explanation that she came up with.

Grumble grumble grumble

Emiko's stomach grumbles. "Food does sound good right now," she says as she rubs her hungry stomach.

"Definitely," Airi nods as she starts to drool. "I can imagine all the food waiting for me to eat."

"You guys got everything right?" Kata asks and everyone nods. "Great, let's head out."

The girls walk out of the gym to find Coach Kaneko with Coach Yamiji (Fukurodani's boys' volleyball coach) and Coach Nekomata together.

"Ohoho, I wonder what they're talking about?" Minako questions seeing the coaches together.

"Who knows?" Kata shrugs.

Mai clears her throat. "Coach Kaneko, we have arrived and are ready to be rewarded with food!" Mai declares with a salute and Chika yanks herself out.

Coach Kaneko turns around and sweatdrops. "I can see that," Coach Kaneko says as she stares at the hungry souls of her team.

"Hahaha, your team is a jolly one, just like Yamiji's," Coach Nekomata laughs.

"Haha, that's true," Coach Yamiji chuckles.

Coach Kaneko sweatdrops. "I feel like all volleyball teams are like this," she says and sighs. "Anyways, good job on your win," she congrats with a smile as she messes with Airi and Emiko's heads. "Tonight we'll have a joint meal with Coach Yamiji and Coach Nekomata's teams to celebrate," she announces and glances over her team again. "But where's Haruka?" Coach Kaneko asks.

"..." Emiko, Airi, Minako, Mai, and Chika look around them and then remain silent.

Where did their captain go???

"She went to check out the final results," Kata states.

"I see," Coach Kaneko mumbles. "They posted it on the wall but it was also announced a little later wasn't it?"

"It was, but she probably wanted to get a closer look of it and use it as an excuse to go see her old team again after their loss to Nekoma's girls' volleyball team," Kata explains. "I told her to meet us here after so it shouldn't be a problem."

"I see," Coach Kaneko nods her head. "We'll just wait. Besides, both of the boys' volleyball teams are still not her yet so we have time."

Haruka POV
(Meanwhile...)

When I heard the final results of the Tokyo Spring Preliminaries, it surprised me how Itachiyama didn't make it to third place. Nekoma's girls' volleyball team isn't a bad team from past experience, but seeing the scores to how Itachiyama lost... It's sort of ironic because it's similar to how we lost.

But honestly, everyone has their ups and downs, and in this case it was Itachiyama's.

I walk around the halls in hopes to find them, but I knew that they would've probably left already. The chances of meeting with them are slim.

Vibrate vibrate vibrate

My phone vibrates and I see it's a message from Kata.

<Hurry up. Nekoma and Fukurodani's boys' volleyball team will be joining us too.>