15. Suspicions

Haruka POV
(At home - In the morning 7:00)

I rub my eyes and wake myself up once I feel the sunshine down on me for another school morning day.

Before, I've been waking up early for early morning volleyball practice, but after my ankle was sprained for a week, I got out of my early morning schedule, much to my team's relief, and now I wake up at a regular morning time to go to school. Yet even though I get more sleep, I'm still super sleepy to even go to school.

I sleepily yawn as I walk through the halls to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth, but what I didn't realize was how someone was already in there until I opened the bathroom door.

I grumble. "Why are the lights--?" My mouth drops when I see Akaashi out of the shower with his dripping wet hair combed back and a towel hanging around his neck.

My face flushes red. H-He's only wearing a pair of pants with no shirt?! Where's the shirt!? "Uh?!" I blurt out surprised as I stand face to face with him. He's half naked?!

Akaashi's eyes widen. "What are you--?" he tries to ask, but I immediately close my eyes.

"Put some clothes on!" I shout and throw his shirt that was on the bathroom counter right at him and immediately run out.

I want to say I ran out normally but I accidentally tripped on the bathroom rug and Akaashi sniffled in a laugh seeing how clumsy I am.

"I-I did that on purpose! So put that shirt on!" I shout covering my view of him and sprint out of the bathroom.

Once I leave, Akaashi closes the door and chuckles. "She's so silly. She hasn't changed at all," Akaashi softly smiles and is about to put his shirt but notices the scar on his back in the mirror.

"She was so flustered seeing me half naked that she didn't even bother to notice the scar on my back..." Akaashi mumbles worried that his scar could trigger any memories that shouldn't resurface. Yet again, so many years have passed, but--

Akaashi sighs. It didn't matter, some secrets should be left unknown. He puts his shirt on and gets ready for the start of another day in Fukurodani Academy.

(During school - In class)

I shove the calculus textbook to my face to get whatever calculus material I can into my brain, but all I could only think of was this morning. My cheeks start to flush remembering Akaashi's body. I shake my head.

Why does Akaashi have such a nice body?!

I hit my face with my open textbook. Urghhh...Maybe it's because I haven't seen many half naked guys, or I normally turn my eyes away if I even get a glimpse of one. Well, I guess this is the struggle of living with a boy that's your age but is also your step-brother.

I lean back on my chair to check the time for class to end and realize that it's only a couple of minutes until the bell rings.

A sense of excitement rushes through me. Finally!

"Lean that far and you're going to fall over like earlier today," Akaashi warns. I turn around and see his face right next to mine.

My eyes widen. "Wah?!" I almost fall back, but I catch myself in time.

Safe!

I sweatdrop. I have to redeem myself after tripping over the bathroom rug after all.

I turn to Akaashi who's sitting behind me and frown. It's enough that I'm with him at home, in class, and in volleyball, but I still can't believe we had to change seats today and now he sits right behind me too.