Chapter 4: Haruhi's House... So Cozy! I Like It! ^.^

*Iitaka's P.o.v*

I happily chatted with my now regulars. I had been a host for a week now. Nothing really interesting had happened in that time, well... As far as, actually... mentioning?

I looked up as I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Yes?" I asked as my eyes met with glasses covered ones.

"I need to speak with you," was all Kyoya said before walking away.

What happened? Had I done something wrong?

I looked over to the ladies who were giving me worried looks.

"I'll be back in a moment," I said to them with a small smile.

They looked at eachother and then at me. They then smiled and said, "Mmkay."

I walked over to the table where Kyoya sat expectantly.

"Yes, Kyoya-kun?" I asked as I sat down.

"You're interesting," said Kyoya as he looked at me.

"Thank you," I said. I actually took that as a compliment.

Kyoya blinked for a moment and said, "We're going to visit Haruhi this weekend."

"She's actually letting you all come?" I asked. "Not to be rude, but..."

Kyoya chuckled and said, "Yes, she's actually letting us come visit her. Besides, we've been to her house before."

I nodded and said, "I should be able to go..."

"Should?" asked Kyoya.

"I usually do things with Miyoko and her family during the weekend," I said as I smiled.

"I see..." said Kyoya as I could see the frustration on his face. He really didn't like feeling inferior, did he? Actually, I wonder if anyone does...

"You can go back to hosting now," said Kyoya as he sighed.

"Yes sir," I said with a smile as I stood.

I walked back to my group, forgetting about Miyoko's excellent sense of hearing... Especially when it involved me.

As I finished with my last guest, Miyoko skipped over to me. "Iita-chan!" she cheered with a big smile.

I tilted my head to the side.

She giggled. "What are your plans this weekend?"

I sighed. "You heard..."

"Yup," said Miyoko. "And I want you to go."

I blinked. "Huh?"

"I want you to go," repeated Miyoko.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Miyoko nodded. She smiled and said, "I want you to enjoy yourself, Iita-chan. I don't want you to feel like a slave to the Ukari family all of the time. Besides, even though by documentation, you're family is supposed to stay loyal to us, my aunt and uncle have already broken such treaties. In other words, even though I still plan on making you my wife, there is no need for you to try and force yourself anymore."

I frowned. I was happy that Miyoko was thinking about me, but... She made it sound like my caring for her was all for the sake of my family name. I flicked her forehead, gently, and crossed my arms. "Baka, I take care of you because I care. We are friends, no, we are family! I don't care about some stupid document signed in whatever time. All I care about is making sure that you're okay.

"Thank you for showing me that you care, but don't underestimate my feelings for you and base them off some paper that I had already burned a long time ago. You are a dear family member to me, and don't you forget that."

Miyoko smiled at me and gave me the biggest bear hug yet. "This is why I love you!"

I smiled and hugged her back. "Also, don't call me your wife."

Miyoko giggled and gently let go. "Also, don't forget to have fun this weekend."

I smiled and said, "I plan on not forgetting."

Then, the weekend came faster than anyone expected.

I ran down the street and smiled as I saw the group. I made some breakfast for Miyoko and a small snack bento for lunch. In other words, I was a little late.

"Hey, guys!" I yelled as I saw the group of host standing in front of Haruhi's home.

"My son!" cheered Tamaki as he glomped me.

I giggled and said, "Hiya, dad!"

Tamaki's face went red as he pulled away. Me being who I was, I asked, "Are you okay Tamaki?" I mean, I had never seen his face so red before!

Tamaki nodded and said, "I am perfectly okay!"

I smiled and said, "That's good."

We walked up the stairs to Haruhi's apartment. Tamaki was the one to knock on the door.

"Hello," said Haruhi as she opened it. She blinked as she saw us. She then said, "Oh, I forgot you all were coming."

Tamaki went into his emo corner.

I sighed. I then looked over and said, "May we come in?"

Haruhi nodded and let us all in. Kyoya dragged in Tamaki.

"So cozy!" I said as I sat on a cushion at the table.

"Thank you," said Haruhi.

"You've never been in a commoner's home before?" asked Kaoru in a Kaoru-knows-all sense.

I shook my head. "Actually, I've had lots of friends who lived in apartments. It's just been a while since I've been over to see them."

Kaoru nodded.

"Where's Ranka?" asked Kyoya.

"He's at work right now," said Haruhi who was currently in the kitchen.

"I thought he didn't trust us," said both Hikaru and Kaoru.

"The only one he doesn't trust is Tamaki," said Haruhi. "Which is why he also has to stay at least five feet away from me at all times."

Tamaki went into his emo corner yet again. This time he was growing mushrooms!

"Ah," said Haruhi. "Just as I thought! I need to go get more groceries. Plus, more cleaning supplies."

"Are we going to the store?!" exclaimed the twins.

Haruhi nodded as she came out of the kitchen.

"Yay!" exclaimed Honey as he hugged his precious Usa-chan.

The host were really something. Something for sure.