Chapter 31: Twin's Closet

*Iitaka's P.O.V*

From the snickers and faces they made, I could tell that my kohais were up to something. But, when are they not?

One twin sat on either side of me- Kaoru on my right, Hikaru on my left. I was sandwiched in between two 'lover' twins, and I couldn't do anything about it. Well, I could, but I guess... I didn't mind. I mean, we were all friends here.... Friends who had crushes on one another... Oh glob! What should I do?!

"We don't really call you senpai, huh," said Kaoru.

I shook my head. "But, I'm okay with it."

"But, wouldn't saying Iitaka-senpai give you more power?" asked Hikaru as he smiled. It wasn't a very friendly smile.

"Not really," I said. "I mean, we're all hosts here."

"You smell good Iitaka... senpai," said Kaoru as he scooted closer. Wait! How can he even scoot closer?! We were already practically touching hips!

"Must be the new coconut shampoo Miyoko bought," I said before scratching the back of my head.

"Yeah," said Hikaru as he tugged a loose strand of my hair, which was concealed in a messy bun. He twirled the piece around his fingers.

"Um... Guys?" I asked as I shifted around a bit.

"We should have suggested thirty minutes," said Hikaru as he smiled.

That was it. I stood to my feet and turned around to face the twins. "Perverts."

They stared at me for a moment. Then, they bursted into a genuine laughing fit.

How could they laugh at their senpai?!

"What?" asked the twins.

"Y... You heard me!" I exclaimed, now blushing as red as a stop sign.

They continued to laugh.

"Maybe we went to far for our senpai to handle, Hikaru," chuckled Kaoru.

"Definitely Kaoru," said Hikaru. "I mean, he's so red!"

The two continued to laugh. I then noticed a medium sized paper fan in the front of the closet. I picked it up, and whacked them on the sides of their big heads.

I then huffed as I sat on the other end of the closet- as far away from the twins as possible.

"We're sorry, Iitaka-senpai," said Kaoru as he wiped away his tears. "Please forgive us."

I glared at the pair. I wasn't going down that easily.

I then looked away from them. I felt a sudden urge of uneasiness rush into my body as I heard the twins chuckle. I heard small thumps as they sat in front of me.

"We're really sorry," said the twins. They then grabbed one of my hands each. This caused me to look at them and blush when they gave their selected hand a kiss.

I covered face as I muttered, "I forgive you... idiots."

I side as I lay my head down on whoever's shoulder. The other twin leaned on mine, so it wasn't a problem.

"So," began Hikaru, whose shoulder I didn't occupy. "What were you and Mori talking about?"

"Yeah," said Kaoru. "No matter how hard we tried to eavesdrop, we could only hear soft mumbles."

An irk mark appeared on my forehead. Had they even realized that they had just admitted to trying to listen in on what Mori and I were saying? Whatever.

"We were talking about life," was my simple response.

"We want to talk about life too," said the twins as they smiled at me.

"Well, I already know about you guys' life," I began. "Guess I can tell you about mine."

"It's only," began Kaoru as he grabbed my hand.

"Fair," finished Hikaru as he grabbed my hand too.

"To begin with, I hate snobby rich people," I said. "Not all rich people, just the snobs. They tick me off. Like, a lot. I despise them to no end. Even so, before I moved in with the Ukari family, I lived with nothing but snobs. They were the people who raised me and took care of me.

"It wasn't always like that though. I mean, my father and everyone else were so much happier before my mom passed."

"Your mom," began Hikaru.

"Passed?" finished Kaoru.

I nodded my head. "She died when I was like nine. That's when everything changed... Suddenly, the caring atmosphere of my home became drastically cold. The light had turned into nothingness. I was thrown into sudden darkness, which is now my personal phobia. When I say sudden darkness, I don't mean only the emotional kind either. We suddenly hit rock bottom. All of our money had been drained, at it was all because of my now dead mother.

"Father and I didn't know about anything that happened on my mother's calls or on her laptop and desktop. We didn't know she was planning our family's downfall and bankruptcy. We had no clue. She knew though. She knew and hid it from us. She knew how she was managing the stocks of our former company. She knew how she was spending whatever money she wanted on things for herself. She knew that if she ever died, everything would be stripped from the family that remained living.

"But, she didn't care. She never told us about anything. Thus, she died, and we mourned. We then lost everything else after losing her. However, my father didn't let that last long. He managed to crawl his way back up and became a bitter man."

"That's... terrible," muttered the twins.

"But! It's okay now!" I cheered. "I have all of you guys now!"

Hikaru and Kaoru then gave me a hug. I wasn't expecting this nor was I expecting the tears at the corners of my eyes.

I clutched back onto them. I had dealt with so much crap from that incident amongst others. Yet, I rarely cried over it. I always ignored the sobs racking in my chest. Ignored the saddened voices in my head. Ignored the feelings of regret and self-deprecation. It was something I stayed far away from. I wouldn't touch my most pessimistic side with a ten foot pole.

However, now, I was letting out small cries that summed up everything. It told whoever heard that I was tired. It told them that I was sad; that I truly had felt sorrow for everything that has happened until now. It told them... It told them... It told them! It told them that I... I was sad.

I was so sad. Not angry, depressed, or even vengeful. I was just sad, and a little tired of it all. Just sad and tired.

I snuggled more into the twins as I felt warmth encompass me. I looked up at them to see them crying a little as well. I couldn't help but smile and kiss the tears away.

"Thanks, Hikaru and Kaoru," I said as I smiled at them.

They smiled back as they nodded.

Cute. They probably didn't trust their voices. I mean, they had a pretty lonely life together, huh?

We then snuggled until the door opened. Yes, I knew the consequences of such actions when surrounded by a whole bunch of guys who liked you. However, I would just have to deal with the rest of the hosts later. Right now, I was too comfortable.

The door then opened, and instead of seeing a bunch of smug faces, I saw understanding ones. Maybe they heard the conversation?

My question was answered when the twins left and Honey practically jumped into the closet bawling his eyes out.

"Ii-chan!" he exclaimed as he tackled me in a hug.

'J-Jeez, I-I'm really loved, huh?' I thought as I chuckled.

The door was then closed as Kyoya pushed up his glasses. "Seven minutes." He then gave me a small smile.

'As if I don't know that,' I thought as I huffed and pat Honey on his head.