Chapter 9

A/N: Hey you guys! 

So, I wasn't too surprised with how long it for the votes to come in, but I hope that the more times I can force some votes out of you, the easier it will be for you to grudgingly hit the 'vote' button. I'll lower it down to 2 this time, but that's as low as I go! So 2 votes until next chapter! And maybe if you can do it within a week you might get a surprise......Just sayin'.

So, I'm still looking for songs if anyone has any. If you send one in, I might even dedicate the chapter I use it in to you.....

Actually it was kind of nice having some time before I had to post this chapter because I wrote it a couple times before this and it just didn't feel right to me. I really try not to re-write chapters a lot because it takes away from the characters a bit because they have a mind of their own and twist the story the way it went in the first place. But it really did not turn out well so I had to break my own rule this time.

2 votes until next chapter. If it gets to two votes before 7 days, there might be a surprise!!!

Enjoy! Vote! Comment! Fan!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I pulled into the driveway of my house and shut down my car, but I didn't get out right away. I sat there and stared out the windshield, dreading what was waiting for me in the house. All I knew was that I was going to be in HUGE trouble. I glanced over at Shay, who was staring down at her hands and twisting her fingers together in her lap uncomfortably.

"Are you sure there isn't somewhere you could go?" I asked her. "I mean, I don't mind but you don't seem very comfortable with this." She shook her head without looking up and I sighed in defeat. I climbed out of the car, shutting the door before going around the passenger side to open Shay's door for her. Surprise was written across her features as she stepped out of my car and I chuckled. "Hasn't anyone opened your door for you before?" She shook her head with a shy smile, her cheeks turning a faint shade of pink. "Yeah, I guess you don't see it much anymore." I shut her door and led her into my house. As soon as I shut the front door behind us, Marie appeared out of the kitchen, absolutely furious.

"JAXSON MITCHELL FRAZER! What the hell is wrong with you! I'm worried sick about you and-" She cut herself off abruptly as she spotted a small, blue-haired girl half-hidden behind me. "Who's this?" Marie asked.

"This is Shay," I introduced, stepping to the side so she could be seen better. "Shay, this is my aunt, Marie." Shay smiled shyly and stepped around me to shake Marie's hand, who was simply standing there looking shell-shocked. Well, obviously Shay didn't have a problem with people, so why was she so quiet? I pushed that thought to the back of my mind to investigate later so I could focus on the task at hand - making sure I survived Marie's wrath.

Marie finally recovered from the shock of me actually socializing and beamed proudly at Shay. "It's so nice to meet you!" she gushed, and before I could stop her, she'd already pulled Shay in for a hug. I chuckled as Shay awkwardly hugged her back with a confused smile.

"Marie. You don't want to scare her off, do you?" I asked in an attempt to rescue the poor girl. Immediately, my aunt let go of her, flashed her one last smile, then turned to me with an angry expression.

"Jax. Kitchen. Now." She turned on her heel and disappeared down the hall. I sighed loudly and gestured for Shay to follow me as I led her to my room.

"This is my room," I said as she stepped in and looked around in awe. "You can just hang out here. If I survive this, then I'll be back soon. If not, then run for it," I warned, earning a small, hidden smile. "Wish me luck," I said half-heartedly, then turned and went to face my fate.