Chapter Fifty-three: Poison and Azkaban

Hermione stayed in her car for hours. At twilight, Hermione left her car, a wave from warm air washed over her as she leaned on her car's hood. Staring at the beautiful sea while on her right was the Tower Bridge. She took a deep breath..

I just needed to look into his eyes to make my decision.. He was going to look at me lovingly, and then nothing would ever matter in the world but him.. She tugged her hair behind her ears

I was going to make myself believe that he had nothing to do with it. I was convincing myself that he was not a part of it.. I know I was going to believe that he wasn't working with his father, once I'm laying in his arms.

I was about to betray myself.. My job and the law for him. Just to be with him.. She sighed

I was going to give anything to be with him.. And now I remained alone.. Without Draco.. Without air to breath.. No water to drink.. And now I have to live without him when he's still in my life.

It's true.. There is really a justice in this life..

Hermione stayed for long time there, thinking to herself, making her mind, revealing the thoughts from her head and trying to focus only on what she was going to do about him.

Draco was sitting on a chair opposite the window around his dinning table. A glass in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other. Pouring himself a glass after the other. And then he saw Hermione, the old Hermione. The one he knew thirteen years ago. The nineteen years old Hermione who had short hair and didn't care how bushy it was. No makeup, it was only her natural beauty and the light freckles were perfect on her cheeks. She was smiling at him her hand rubbing his back, patting and squeezing his shoulder. It was his imagination or was he so drunk he didn't know and he didn't want to. He only wanted her to be there forever.
"Drinking won't get back." She said in a soft tone, the tone that Draco used to hear from her when they were younger. The real strong Hermione. Not the one who was pretending to be strong all the time when she was not. Her hand was rubbing gently on his back

"I.. Missed you for years.." he breathed, his tone was weak and so soft. His eyes were so red and tears were streaming down his face "why did you that? Why did you this to me, Hermione?" he choked out, tears knotting his throat. "Why when we found each other?" he said shakily

"I've always loved you, Draco." She smiled gently and warmly at him, her red top fitted her figure perfectly and the sleeves were longer than her arms were as always. She held his hand "I still do. And always will."

Draco shook his head "you're.. Cheating on me." more tears started flowing down his cheeks

Hermione's fingertips touched his chin, gently she turned his face and left it up, so her eyes could meet his. Draco's eyes looked silvery with the blood pumping into his eyes. Still with a smile on her face a very warm smile she said "if you were blinded with hate.. Then what's the point of understanding your heart?" she paused for a second "Just open your eyes, Draco. And you'll see the truth standing right in front of your eyes."

Draco was looking in her eyes like if he was staring into her soul. Feeling her warmth, her heart beats. He was in every breath she took, in every thought in her mind and in every word she spoke.
But Draco turned his gaze back to the glass, chuckled, and drank the rest of his drink "you cheated on me.." he sniffed "I'd rather stay blind for the rest of my life.." he turned to her but she wasn't there anymore, she disappeared, vanished from his sight. And he was all alone again.

Hermione arrived home, she looked around, everything was in it's place. The kitchen was clean, the living room the back yard.. Everything. "Hello? Luna?" She called from down the stairs "Eleanor? Emily?" she frowned and climbed the stairs to Eleanor's bedroom. It was tidy and clean. The house was empty. "where did they go?" she turned to her room and found a parchment pinned on the door