Chapter Fifty-seven: The Hotel

A day after the other were passing. They all seemed to be the same. They all tasted the same, all were passing her without even noticing. What time of day had she last been conscious?
Her life was no longer the same. She wasn't Hermione Granger that everyone used to know.

They met, a lot of times. And everyone could see how much Hermione had changed towards him. She barely spoke to him. She was more formal with him. And their eyes never met, because she knew how weak she'd be once she lock her eyes with his pale grey ones.

Hermione had changed over the last couple weeks. She was distant and it looked like she was not comfortable being around Draco. They had been in a relationship for almost twelve years.. Or it was what she felt because Hermione was always his. And they were married for a few months.
They were both over the moon happy; and Hermione had become more expressive and open towards him in time. And if years proved one thing, it was that those two were madly and hopelessly in love with each other.

Everyday she seemed more distant, sadder, and even though he promised himself that he would give her whatever amount of space she needed, he couldn't stand seeing her like this anymore. He just wanted to share whatever was going through her mind, and to ease her pain and worries, or rather, take them away.
And he knew he had to talk to her. So he found his chance to talk to her when they were at Hyldey's place, everyone else was busy talking and preparing for dinner in the kitchen. When Hermione was standing by the swimming pool tugging the fabric close to her body. Her long hair were covering the back of her grey coat. "Hi." he said quietly, standing next to her.

"Hey." she replied without glancing at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. I'll go help-" he grabbed her arm before she could escape again

"Hermione please. Please I want to talk-"

"I don't want to, Draco."

"I'm not leaving you until you listen to me! For goodness sake you have to believe me! We don't have anything between us! I don't have anything with Helena-"

"Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?"

"Come with me then, and I'll convince you-"

Hermione let a small laugh "do you think you can fool me with having sex?"

"Who said I want to have sex with you?"

Hermione pulled her arm slowly from his grip and crossed her arms "You mean you're not attracted to me anymore?" she fought not to smile

"Don't start with this game, Mione." he smirked. Hermione chuckled and let her hands fell by her sides "I missed you."

"I missed you too.. But I'm still mad at you."

"Well.. I'm mad at me too. Because I make you mad at me, because of a mad bimbo. You know what I mean?"

"I think so." she sighed "and I think I better go and help them."

"Get ready tomorrow morning, at nine. I want to show you something."

"I have work.."

"Make an excuse, like you used to create ones for me." he shrugged

"Okay." she smiled and walked inside to help Hyldey and the others.

Hermione did what Draco asked her to do, she called Harry and told him that she had another important work to do for the day and thank goodness he was her best friend who'd always understand.
8:58 the clock said, Hermione was ready and waiting for Draco. Eleanor, Luna and Emily were all sleeping. At 9:01 the doorbell rang, Hermione opened it with a smile. But her smile vanished slowly "Neville?"