♡ Chapter Nine ♡

Today was Sunday, better known as lazy days to me. Unfortunately, my sister called with important news about the house, so that's how Josh & I ended up at Sam's house instead of our bed cuddling. 

"I have amazing news." she practically squealed. 

"Go on, then." I told her. 

"The house that you guys wanted," she said. "is practically yours." 

My eyes widened, as did Josh's. 

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Josh asked. 

Sam repeated herself. "All you have to do is sign off on some papers & you guys can move in." 

I was in utter disbelief. 

"So, when should schedule the signing?" 

I looked at my sister & shook my head. "I-I don't know. I need a few days to think about things." 

"Chels, I thought this is what you - I mean, you & Josh - wanted." 

"I thought so too, but now I'm not so sure." 

"Are you hearing yourself right now?" Sam questioned. "Chelsea, you are about to have a baby in a few months. You can't afford to pass this house up." 

Josh knew things could bad, so thankfully he intervened. "Listen, why don't Chels and I thinking about his & we'll call you first thing Tuesday morning?" 

Sam scoffed & shook her head. "Fine, whatever." 

---

At first, Josh & I didn't say a word to each other on the way home. I just couldn't stand the silence. 

"I'm sorry."

"For what, love?" 

"For saying I didn't want the house anymore." 

Josh slightly chuckled. "Why would you be sorry about that?" 

"Because," I replied. "Sam is right. We can't afford to pass up this house. Scarlett is going to be here in less than three months." 

"It doesn't matter what your sister thinks is best. It matters what we think is best." 

"Well, then, what do you think is best?" 

"Personally, I don't really know. I mean, like Sam said she is going to be born soon, but we aren't ready to take on the responsibility of things like house payments." Josh said. "But at the same, we need a stable environment for Scarlett." 

"I love the boys, but there's no way we can bring her home to the Sidemen house." 

Josh was quiet for a minute before he replied back. "How about this? We start looking at apartments now. I mean, it doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just big enough for us to raise Scarlett in for her first few months. Once we have her, we bring her home to the Sidemen house & see how things work. If it's too chaotic, we'll get the apartment. If not, we try to raise her there." 

"Yeah." I smiled. "Yeah, I like the sound of that." 

I grabbed my phone & texted Sam telling her to count us out of the house. 

Everything was falling into place & I couldn't be happier.