♡ Chapter Seventeen ♡

I woke up the next morning & outstretched my arms only to find an empty bed. Confused, threw the covers back & made my way out of the bedroom. I checked Aria's nursery first & that's surely where Josh & Aria were. He was sat on the floor with her in his lap reading her a book. 

"Good morning, Mummy." Josh greeted, a smile on his face. 

I returned the smile & joined them on the floor. "Good morning, my loves." 

"JJ called." he told me, handing Aria over. 

"Yeah? What'd he say?" 

Josh sighed. "Well, he went to the hospital to have a blood test." 

"And?" 

"The baby is one-hundred percent his." 

"Wow." I said surprised. "We should probably head over there sometime soon. Does he know anything about the baby?" 

"It's a little girl. The mother named her Ashtyn Jade." 

I laughed. "How about that? The first two SideBabies were girls." 

"Imagine if everyone had girls." 

"Oh, my. The hormones." 

---

Josh, Aria & I were all waiting at JJ's flat with his girlfriend, Jordyn. He was on the way home from the hospital, which was about forty minutes away. Luckily, his mum was able to go with JJ, so at least he wouldn't be all by himself. 

I really like Jordyn. The only thing is that we aren't that well acquainted & she doesn't really say much.  Even though Seana is one of best friends, I personally think that JJ & Jordyn make a far better couple. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. I was genuinely concerned, but I also was trying to make conversation. 

"Nervous." she replied, letting out a shaky laugh. "I've never had any experience with babies before, you know? Like, I used to help my auntie & grandmother with my younger cousins & stuff, but nothing other than that." 

"I was the same way." I said. "I've always been the youngest on both sides of my family, so when I found out I was going to have Aria, I was petrified. You'll get used it." 

"Yeah, but you actually had your baby." 

"What's that got to do with anything? You don't have to give birth to a baby in order to be it's mummy." 

Jorydn sighed. "Yeah, I guess you're right." 

The door knob then turned & opened. Yinka (JJ's Mum) revealed herself with a bag slung over her shoulder. She gave us all a warm smile & stepped out of the way to reveal JJ who was hold a pink baby carrier. Jordyn practically sprinted over to them. While they had their moment, Yinka came over to where Josh & I were standing. She gave us both hugs & asked we were adjusting to parenthood. 

"It's been a wild few months." I told her honestly, adding a little laugh at the end. 

"Well, you guys seem like you're amazing parents." she said. "Maybe you'll be able to help these two out." 

---

The Sidemen (including JJ himself) have always had this running gag about how JJ was going to have the hardest time being a dad. This theory the boys had was very, very wrong. All that little baby girl had to was whimper and JJ was by her side trying to figure out what was happening. 

We were now back at our own flat and Aria was lay on Josh's chest, sleeping soundly, while Josh himself was dozing off. The scene was much too cute for me not to snap a picture. I posted the picture to Instagram and Twitter. 

 ChelseaSkyeBeauty : such a little daddy's girl (: 

I watched them in awe for a moment. How did I possibly get this lucky?

---

cheesy ending, i know. hope you enjoyed!