♡ Chapter Twelve ♡

After I had what seemed like a million tests done, Dr. Meredith was finally able to give me a diagnosis.

"You have something called pre-eclampsia." she told me. "It's a condition that many pregnant women get in their third trimester, which you're just entering." 

"Well, what can we do to cure it?" Josh asked. 

She sighed. "Unfortunately, the only known cure is delivery. Although you are a little over thirty weeks along, I just don't think it would be good to go through with the process." 

"What do you mean?" I questioned. 

"If you deliver your baby now, she'll only weigh about three pounds, if even that. She will have to stay in the NICU for a good bit." Dr. Meredith explained. "I'm not saying she won't have a chance at life. I'm just saying that it's going to come with risks if you decide to give birth now.  On the other hand, it could be dangerous for both of you if you continuing carrying her." 

I looked at Josh. "What do you think?" 

"It's up to you, babe. I mean, after all, it is your body." he replied. "Just know that I am going to be with you every step of the way, no matter what you choose." 

I smiled weakly at him. "Dr. Meredith, I'm ready to have my baby." 

---

While Dr. Meredith & a bunch of nurses prepped everything, Josh & I started calling our friends & family. I called my mum, sisters & Seana while Josh took care of the boys & his mum & dad. No sooner had I gotten off the phone with Sam, Dr. Meredith came into the room. 

"Are you ready?" she asked me. 

"Yes & no." I laughed slightly. 

"I do need to tell you something however." 

I gave her a look telling her to go on. 

"The baby is still in breech position. It's too risky for us to move her head first, so we're going to have to do a C-section." 

My heart dropped. "How long will it take to recover?" 

"You'll stay here in hospital for about three to five days. However, the actual recovery process could take up to four weeks, sometimes longer." she told me. 

I looked up at Josh who was biting his bottom lip. He kissed my head, which he always does when I'm worried. "It'll be okay." he whispered. 

---

"You're going to feel a slight pressure." Dr. Meredith told me. "After that, it will all be over." 

I took a deep breath. Josh was standing beside my head, holding my hand. Before I knew it, there was crying. I started crying as well. 

"Here she is!" Dr. Meredith announced, holding her up so I could properly see. "Mr. Bradley, would you like you cut the umbilical cord?" 

Josh walked away longer enough to do that but soon returned. 

"We're going to go ahead & take her to the NICU." Dr. Meredith told us. 

The room was cleared all except another doctor, who was stitching me up, & a few nurses. 

"You did it, love." Josh told me. 

"I didn't even get to hold her." I cried.

---

After there were many stitches in my belly, I was able to go back into a regular room. Somehow another, I managed to get some sleep as well. When I woke up, Josh was on the phone. 

"Oh, you guys are here? All right mate, see you when you get up here." 

"Who was that?" I asked, my voice quiet raspy. 

"Harry." he replied, walking over to the chair by my bed. "Are you up for visitors?" 

I nodded. "It's just Harry?" 

"JJ & Seana are with him as well." 

My mood instantly lifted knowing my I was about to see my best friend. 

"Have you seen her yet?" I asked Josh. 

As soon as I said that, there was knock on the door. Josh told them to come in. 

"Hi!" Seana squealed. "I can't believe my best friend is a mummy!" 

I laughed. "Hi guys."  

Seana sat at the foot of the bed whilst the boys congratulated Josh. 

"So," Harry said "what's baby Z's name?" 

Josh & I exchanged looks. "Well..."Josh began. "her name was intended to be Scarlett Rose." 

"But I just don't think that sounds like our baby's name." I finished. "Do guys have any ideas?" 

"I've always loved the name Aria." Seana spoke. 

I gasped. "Oh, Sean. That's beautiful." 

She smiled. "Yeah? I always said I wanted a daughter named that." 

My smiled faded. "Then, we'll find a different name. I don't want to take your baby name." 

"Chels, it's fine." she assured. "If I didn't want you to use it, I wouldn't have said it." 

"There you have it." Josh said. "Her name is Aria. Now, what about a second name?" 

I looked at him. "Can it be Meredith?" 

"After your doctor?"

I nodded. 

"Sounds good to me." he smiled. 

"Holy shit!" JJ exclaimed. "You know what I just realized?" 

"What?" everyone said in unison. 

"It's Christmas Day! She was born on Christmas!" 

---

Aria Meredith Bradley. 25 December 2015. Born at 1:41pm. Three pounds, seven ounces. Fifteen inches long.