Unforgetable Horrors

I shock the ground around the Metas and they twitch and shake as the electricity shoots through them. I stop and I can see their cloths are smoking from the shock. Tears escape my eyes. I look to Grant, who now on the ground, rubbing his throat from Adams hold. He looks me in the eyes and then down to the ground. Adam stands above me. He kneels down to become eye level with me. He has sweat on his face.

"Don't ever do that again or I will bathe in his blood." he says to me and stand up. I slowly stand up and walk the opposite way from Adam, towards the door. I look to Grant who looks away from me, unable to look me in the eyes. I look at the ground as I walk throught the hall and into me and grants cell. I walks over to his bed, noting looking at me once. I sit on my bed.

"Grant," I start but he doesn't let me finish.

"I don't," he says unable to speak. "I don't want to talk to you." I stand.

"Why?! What the hell was I supposed to do?! Let you die?!" I yell. He stands and looks me in the eyes

"Yes!" he yells and I step back, unable to answer. "I would rather die than let others die for me. And you chose one life over the many." he says and then turns to the bed. "If you really cared," he says turning back to me. "You would have let me die in that arena." he tells me and I start to cry.

"Ass hole." I say to myself but he hears me.

"What?" he asks me walking towards me. He pushes me on the wall. "I'm an ass hole because I would rather die than let the many die?!" he yells in my face. "You are a murderer now!" he yells.

"I would have been a murderer either way!" I yell back. He backs away from me, but only an arms length away. He is breathing heavily. So am I. Tears escape my eyes. I fall to the ground. I sit, leaning on the wall crying. He's right I'm a murderer. He walks up and sits next to me. He puts his arm around me and I lean into his shoulder. I cry and cry, mourning the people I had killed. He holds me and I start to get tired. I fall asleep on his shoulder and enter the nightmares once again.

I awake in a small house. No furniture. Only one picture in the house. I walk over to see who it is. I pick the picture up and I see who it is. It's me. And Grant. With one smal child in my arms. We look at least thirty. The picture crumbles and I drop it. It turns to dust before it hits the ground. I see a large flash from out the back door. I open it and a hot wind hits through the house. I look up and see a mushroom cloud grow into the sky. The houses explode and I fly from where I stand.

I wake in grants arms. He is now asleep too. I am breathing heavily. What kind of dream was that? It felt so real. Grant wakes and looks at me. I stare at the ground. My hands spark here and there

"What's wrong? What did you see?" he asks me, almost knowing it was my dream. "I saw the world end. No, I lived it." I say and he rubs my shoulder. I don't tell him about the picture. I'm unsure about it myself.

"I've had that feeling." he says to me and I look up at him. "I've had dreams like that too." he says to me.

"Did they feel real?" I ask him and he looks at the ground.

"They always do." he says and I look away from him.

"Do you think they will be real?" I ask. I don't look towards him, but I can feel him look at me.

"Yes" he says. I look at him and he is looking me in the eyes. We are sharing the same air and I can hardly see him in the dark but I know he is close. He reaches out and touches my face. He leans on closer and so do I. We are closer than ever before. Our lips meet, but only for a short time. The door flies open and we stand for our next fight.

We walk through the long hall past the other Metas yelling at us, wanting freedom. I look at the ground as we walk. The. I look up. Towards the door. I am what I need to focus on. Not them. I need to stay alive. I charge my hands. Grant pushes the door open with his shifts. The light is blinding, but I eventually get used to it. I let the sparks consume my arms. The other Metas enter the arena.
The horn blows and I charge the others. They scream and holler like animals. I shock anyone who comes close. They fall to the ground dead. I step over them and go for the next one. They fall. On by one. I get to the last one, about to kill him. But I realize it's Grant. I put down my hands, keeping the sparks. I have an idea. I was sick when I first came her. It was hard to breath. There are no clouds. It takes more energy to breath. I look towards Adam.

"Is this what you wanted!?" I yell to him. He steps out from the shaded area.

"It's excactly what I wanted!" he yells to me. I smile and he looks down at me worried.

"Then this will really piss you off." I say striking the ground with the electricity. It sparks all over the ground and the ground starts to split and we fly into the air.