Plan Of Attack

I sit in the kitchen looking at my tazer. I'm not sure how I like it. I kind of want a knife, but that's not compatible with my power. This thing is. But it won't come in handy, ever. I throw it, making it slam against a cabinet. Paul walks into the room as hit strikes the wood. He pauses, looks at it, then to me.

"What now?" he says, grabing a pot, going to the sink to fill it with water.

"I want a better weapon." I say and he puts up his finger as he turns on the stove. He walks out the room. Are we having a Brady bunch conversation, but about weapons. He re enters the room. He places a large brief case in front of me. I open it. It's full of side arm weapons.

"Pick your choice." he says putting something else into the pot. I don't know what it is, I'm too focused on the weapons in front of me. There is a large rod in the middle of the brief case. I grab it and hold it up.

"Stand up and twirl it in a circle." Paul tells me and I do. The rod extends in both directions turning into a staff. I hold it out. "That was a friend of mine's, before he died." He says. I feel bad holding it now. "Try sparking it." he says stirring the pot. I do and it shoots up the staff, sparking at the tips. Perfect. Paul places a bowl in front of me.

"Is this ramen?" I ask. He smiles.

"You need to eat. It's been to long." He says, walking past me taking more out to the others. I smell it and realize how hungry I am. I start to devour it. Paul reappears in the room, scaring me. I almost stop the noodle soup. "Told you" he says as he stand there eating his own bowl.

"What the hell Paul?!" I yell at him. He just laughs. I finish my bowl and he looks at me as I go to the sink.

"So what really happened to Clark?" he asks slurping up his soup. I almost stop the bowl.

"We already told you. It was the A.M. They have new weapons." I say.

"Ok." He says placing his bowl in the sink as well. "But if I don't see one of those weapons, there will be hell to pay." he says spitfully right next to my ear. He disappears. I hear him in the other room. "We need to make a plan." I walk out of the room. The rod shortens back to its original state and I walk into the room. Grant is bandaging Clarks back. It seems much better than when we got here, about thirty minutes ago.

"What do you suggest we do?" Clark asks, looking to Charles.

"We need to keep him down long enough to get the transmitter." He says. He looks to me. "If you can slow the healing, we could get him down and slowly pulling back to fight. One of us can slip in and grab it." he suggest.

"That won't work if I'm shooting him up with electricity. You will get shocked trying to grab and probably short circuit the transmitter." I say.

"Wouldn't that be good?" Grant asks, standing from bandaging Clark.

"Adam probably has a safe guard put in place. He would never make it that easy. He is a billionaire scientist." I say.

"There has to be some way around his microbots that won't trigger the safe guard." Paul says.

"There has to be a reason why he picked me and Ricky to fight in that arena. He wants something. Mabry it was us." Grant says.

"That would be smart, but that's not the power I want." We hear from the door way. I turn to see Adam standing there. I spin my rod turning it into the staff, electrifing it. "I want him." He says pointing to Clark. Charles grabs him and they fade into the shadows. Paul grabs his gun and puts a hole in between his eyes. I see a glowing light behind him. A missile.

Paul grabs me and Grant. We teleport, but too close to the explosion. We make it into the middle of the woods, flying through the air. I got the ground and skid. I grab for a hold that I can't find. I slide until I feel the ground disappear from under me. I grab for something. I scream out in terror. Grant grabs my hand. I dangle over the cliff.

I look down on fear. Grant pulls me up. I roll on to the solid ground. I grab Grant's body, using it as an anchor. He grabs me. I look behind him. I see Paul laying on the ground motionless. The sun starts to rise around us. I push gra,t away and stand. I run to him. I get to him and skid to a stop.

"Paul?" Grant asks out. Nothing happens. He tries again, this time shaking his shoulders. Still noting. We hear rustling behind us. I pull out my gun and hold it up. Its only Charles and Clark. I put my gun on the ground and look back to Paul.

"Paul!" I yell out. My hands start to shake. Grant places my hands on his chest. I look at him and he looks down. I do too. Then, he breaths. He takes in a deep breath. His eyes open and he looks at me then Grant.

"You thought I died!?" he yells out.

"You wouldn't move!" Grant yells.

"I was unconscious!" he yells and Grant finally breaths.

"Can you not do that anymore?" Grant says with a smile on his face. I can see the relief in his eyes. I smile and turn to Clark. I stand and hug him.

"I'm glad you are ok." I say and he smiles. Its nice to have a brother. I look to Charles. "Thank you." I say. He nods his head. Clark walks past me and towards the cliff. I watch him. He reaches the edge and then turns to us.

"You might want to see this!" he yells back to us. We walk to the cliff that was close to being the end of me. We look over it and see a large military base. That's it. Adam's base. That's where we will find him.