Finding Survivors

I stand in the dark with only my electricity to light a small around me. The figure walks towards me. The electricity dances wilder as he gets close. Its either Grant won or I'm about to die. They step into the light. My heart pound. My clouths drenched from rain. Grant walks into the light, blood splattered on his face. I put my hands down and I hug him. He did it. He is breathing heavily and he hugs back. I can feel his hands shaking. I see the fire behind him. I gets smaller and smaller as the rain continues. He pushes me back.

"We need to go to the crash site." he says and nod. We turn and walk towards the fire. As we get closer and closer, the rain starts to stop. Now I'm wet and cold. I shiver. I cross my arms, trying to stay warm. We walk past the bodies from grants fight. He goes to one and takes off their jacket. He walks over to me and places it on my shoulders. I grab it and put my arms through the sleeves. I can't see what it looks like but I can feel a good and a second layer on top of it. We finally make it to a clearing in the trees made by the crash. I can see the fire and all the people who crashed with it. Grant runs forward. I follow behind him. He looks at all the bodies, closing the eyes of each one he finds.

I break away from where hi is going and I start to head towards some of the other bodies. I check a couple for a pulse but there is no luck. I follow Grant's lead, covering the eyes. I find one and I feel his neck and I feel the full thud of a pulse. He has brown hair with Smokey eyes.

"Grant!" I tell and the man shoots up. He grabs my arms, exhaling wildly. I scream and I spark my hands. He looks around. He tries to talk but nothing comes out. He starts to mouth it. Then I start to see what it is. G. R. A. "Grant?" I ask and he nods wildly. Grants shows up and the man's eyes go wild. He puts out his hands. Grant grabs them.

"Clark?" he says and the man nods. "What's wrong?" he asks. The man takes back one hand and points to his eyes. He waves it in front of his eyes.

"You can't see." I say and he nods wildly again. I can see he is afraid. Grants helps him off the ground and holds his arm over his shoulders and helps him to a safer place than the middle of a crash. "How is he alive?" I ask Grant.

"That's his Meta power. He heal rapidly. I've seen him get shot in the head and walk away from it." he's says and my eyes widen in surprise. I wish I could do that.

"Is there a limit?" I ask and he looks at the ground.

"If you channel pure energy. But that was a certain case." he says. I heard there was an energy spike at the battle of San Francisco. I now feel a sinking feeling. Grant has seen so much death. I grab Clarks other arm. We find a rock for him to lean on and he. He lays against it, heavily breathing. He has one heavy breath.

"Shit." he says, out of breath.

"Well hello to you to." Grant says with a smile. "Who else was on that plane?" he asks.

"No one you know. We didn't think it was this bad." he says. The Anti-Meta tattoo on my arm feeling like it was being pressed on with a branding iron. I pull my sleeve down.

"How bad is it?" Grant asks.

"Bad. They had anti-aircraft guns. Its like they knew we were coming. They only reason we didn't find you sooner is because we didn't think to look up." he says and Grant sighs.

"Did you bring the weapons?" he asks and Clark nods.

"It's in a large box near the front of the plane. But now it might be in the back." he says.

"Great. I'll go find it." he says standing up. He looks to me. "Protect him with your life." he says and Clark laughs.

"Like she needs to." he says and I laugh. Grant turns and walks into the wrecage. I turn to Clark.

"So your a Meta Elite?" I ask and he smiles.

"I can't believe we have made it this far. I remember when we were in the shadows. No I can walk down the street with respect." he says and I smile. I don't know why I do this. I used to be fear full of them. Now I want our freedom.

"I bet that's Great to see happen. Did Grant do all of this? The Elite I mean." I ask.

"He pushes it along. It started with Andrew Pike. He fought John Kelly and stopped him. We do my know how he expelled John being from his body without us seeing but he seems normal. I mean for the most part." he says.

"What do you mean for the most ?" I ask.

"Well after all the death he has seen, wouldn't you turn a little cold too?" he says and he is right. I did. I turned against Metas when my mother died. Now I am one. His head start to shake and I see the color in his eyes return. A light blue shade replaces the gray previously there. He shields his eyes from the fire light. Or is it the rising sun. I didn't notice it before. I turn to the sun. I see three small dots in the light. I soon hear the buzz of hellecopter blades.

"You must have called for a distress call. There is help coming." I say pointing to the helicopters. Clark is now next to me.

"I didn't send out a distress call." he says and my eyes widen. I look at the wrecage.

"Grant! We have company!" I yell into the wrecage. A missile flies from the middle of the wrecage and strikes one off he helicopters. I spins out of control and strikes the other two, causing them to crash with it. Grant comes running from the wrecage carring any weapon he could grab.

"I know! Run!" he yells passing us and we turn and run with him. We go into the tree cover. The large vehicles crash behind us. Two of them at least. The third takes a little longer. We run and I hear a grunt from behind me. Clark has fallen and plane has cashed and is skidding towards him blades spinning.