o9.

Lucas-

I kissed Dorinda one more time before she and Kayla step throw the portal. She looked so beautiful. I can't believe I hurt her before and its all my parents fault.

I know that what my father wanted. He want to bring Dorinda here just so she would see me with Lena. His plan worked to. I hate him for it. He made me hurt the only person I love. Luckily I won and he didn't.

I ran my fingers through my hair and walked out of Kayla room. I was slammed against the wall by my father though. His hands were around my throat. I have only ever seen my father as angry as he was right now a few time. Not to show my fear, I made a growling sound as I tired to remove his hand, but I couldn't since my father was so much older than me.

He leaned forward that his nose almost touch mine, "Are you a fucking idiot?", he growled icly, like werewolves winter. He raised his voice when he spoke again, "How dare you turn you back against you people. Given up you rule plans for a--a human!",

Although he couldn't cough me to death, his hand around my throat did hurt. "You wouldn't understand.", I told him. I manage to sound cold and hurtful.

His face moved away, but he was still close, "Understand what? My son want to give everything that me and your mother gave you up! Just for a human who'll grow old and die. Is that what you want me to understand?",

I opened my mouth to protest, but shut it when I get what he saying. I already know this, I do. I dealt with this problem before with Savanna. But Savanna was willing to become one of my people. Can Dorinda agree to the same thing? Times changes and she never really did say anything about changing into vamp that night in the woods.

My father saw that I was thinking and let go of my neck. His voice was serious, "I forbid you seeing that girl again. You will marry Lena, have children, and be happy.",

Thinking of having children with Lena sickens me. I don't want my kids to be mean and un-honorable.

"But, father..", I began to protest, but he held up his finger.

"No, you had a choice. Change her or marry Lena. I know what you two were doing earlier and let me tell you, I had to hold down Lena from attacking her. You had your chance and you didn't. So you'll marry Lena.", he order. Is was an order that I'm not going to take. I'll play along in till I find a way to be with Dorinda.

Dorinda-

The next day...

So get this, Michelle, my boss, didn't fire me. Once I walked into work, she called me into her office. She asked me where I was and I said I had to see Cain in the hospital and the yesterday I didn't feel well.

All she did was nod her head and say she gets how I'm having a hard time since I returned from what happen to me. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I held back the urges. She wouldn't know what it was like for me.

I just said thank you and if I could go back to work. She said yes and I left her room.

"Wow, I can't believe she let you off.", Ally said as she took a sip of her water. I wanted to ask her why she drink water everyday at every chance she had and why she had to have a straw, but I didn't; I don't want to seem rude or anything to her.

We're sitting outside of one of the table on her break. It was normal summer day. Thank god after all the rain that happen this week.

"I guess.", I said, sitting back on my chair. I not really thinking of Michelle or work, not even Lucas. I can't get my thoughts out of my head of Cain. I haven't had the chance to see him, but Ally told me the hospital let him go home cause of his surprised and impossible heal, but they sure did make sure they did a few test on him first.