Chapter 26

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hope you guys enjoyed Christmas!
Now on with the chapter (hope you enjoy!)
----------------------------------------------------------

(Jason's POV)

I wasted no time in shifting back to human form before going to a tree trunk and pulling out some shorts from it.

I quickly slipped them on and ran towards Katherine's house to where her backyard was surrounded by the forest and immediately became alert at what I saw.

Becky, Bethany and Ruby were all on the patio, facing the moon, and looked as if they were praying.

But what really caught me off guard was the tears in Bethany's an Ruby's eyes while Becky just looked up at the moon with a blank stare.

I knew all too well what they were doing: praying to the Moon Goddess.

I looked around for Katherine and my heart sped up as I realised she was no where to be seen and her scent...was fading.

My wolf growled and the girls directed to me.

I saw relief wash over them apart from Becky, which meant something really bad must have happened, causing my wolf to be on edge more than it already is.

I ran towards them and they ran towards me too, meeting me in the middle of Katherine's backyard.

"Thank the Moon Goddess you're here!" Bethany said, her eyes swimming with tears.

"What happened?!" I demanded.

Both me and my wolf were getting angrier as Katherine's scent continued to fade.

"Ka-Katherine...sh-she...I God!" Ruby started off but ended up sobbing hysterically.

My fists clenched.

"What happened to Katherine?" I said through gritted teeth but they continued to cry.

"Answer me!" I screamed using my Alpha tone.

"She was taken" Becky said calmly, looking at me with no emotions visible.

I closed my eyes trying to calm my wolf down.

"What do you mean she was taken?"

Becky sighed before explaining.

"Ever since school started she's felt as if someone was following and watching her. One day, when she was working at James' Diner, she called me after her shift finished telling me someone was following her and she was scared. I told her to run home and to stay on the line. She made it home but she heard someone upstairs and found out someone had been upstairs but found no trace of the person. Ever since then she has felt someone was watching her an there had been...incidents. Incidents that she hadn't told any of us about, until tonight. She's been receiving texts and the person has been claiming that she is his and soon...he will take her. The night he would take her turned out to be tonight and he has succeeded" Becky finished.

By the end of it my jaw was clenched; my fists were balled up so tightly that I was sure I was leaving nail marks on my palm; my eyes were shut tightly; I was breathing fast and was sure the veins on my arms were showing.

My wolf was on a rampage and I tried to focus on calming him down as I uttered the next words, eyes still closed.

"How did this happen? How did you let him take her?" I tried saying as calmly as possible but it ended up coming out deep and ruff with a growl at the end.

"We were all in the living room when it happened. We surrounded her as we knew he was about to strike but the lights began to flicker. They eventually were completely out and it was dark...but it was so dark that we couldn't see anything, even with our wolf eye sight which is impossible!" She almost screams but controls it.

My eyes shoot open at this and I look her straight in the eyes to see if she was lying in any way...but she wasn't.

It's impossible, unless...

I growl out loud at the realisation but ask her to continue.

"We all grabbed each other immediately so if something or someone took her or any of us we had a hold of each other. Ruby went to grab her hand but in the end...she wasn't holding any of our hands and she was gone. When the lights finally came back on we searched the whole house but found nothing. But what really gets to me is the fact that there is no scent, whatsoever! It's as if whoever or whatever took her...didn't take her at all!"

As soon as I heard that there was no scent my wolf wouldn't stop growling.

Growl after growl left my mouth and they wouldn't stop.

I eventually got through to my wolf telling him to calm down because if he didn't we wouldn't be able to find her.

The growls eventually stopped even though we were both still angry.

"Is there anything else?" I said through gritted teeth.

She sighed before pulling out a piece of paper.

"It's from him" she said with disgust.

I read it and immediately my anger built up again to the point of growls continuously leaving my mouth again.

When I finished reading it, my hands turned to fists again causing the paper in my hands to crumple into a ball.

I through it to the floor before running into Katherine's house in search of what I knew, for a fact, was in the house.

I heard footsteps behind me and knew the girls were following me as well as Bethany and Ruby weren't crying anymore.

"You said you guys were in the living room?" I asked in a deep voice trying to keep my wolf in check.

"Yes" Bethany answered.

I stood in the living room, my eyes scanning the room, thinking as I saw what I was looking for.

I then stormed upstairs into Katherine's room, knowing the girls were following.

I stepped into her room and looked around the room until I found what I was looking for.

"Pass me that chair" I say, pointing to her desk chair.

Ruby passes it to me and I place against the wall before standing on it.

I face the air vent and raise my fist and punch it, bending it inwards.

I keep punching until its in enough for the screws to loosen and allow the edges of the vent to bend out.

I then use both hands on both hands to curl them around the edge before pulling it, causing to completely come off.

I throw it to the side and look inside and growl at what I see.

I pull it out and jump off the chair, looking down at it, growling so loudly that I know for a fact that my pack had heard it all the way to the clearing.

------------------------------------------------------

Happy Christmas!!!!

And my gift to you guys is this chapter (which I hope you like!)
I know it's not much but I wanted to give you guys this chapter with a little cliff hanger at the end:

What is it that out dear Alpha, Jason, has found?!

So what do you guys think it is?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and are enjoying your holiday!

Thank you for reading!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Jamilah1125 xx