Chapter 38

(Katherine's POV)

I open my eyes to see, yet again, I'm in a hospital, outside room 308.

What is with the hospital for goodness sakes?!

I huff out but freeze when I hear pacing behind me and heavy breathing.

"Come on, come on, come on!" I hear someone behind me whisper, fustrated.

My eyes narrow and I immediately turn around but freeze again in surprise.

Every limb in my body feels numb but one word manages to escape my mouth.

"Dad?"

His short, black hair looks ruffled, as if he had run his hand through it multiple times. His under eyes had dark circles and his whole demeanour looked antsy.

He continues pacing, looking agitated.

I shake my head, ridding my mind of any thoughts, before wiping the corners of my eyes.

"You have to focus Katherine. No time for you to be emotional. These dreams or visions or whatever they're called always have a reason. Focus" I whisper to myself before slowly steeping away from the door.

Suddenly, a cry is heard and I realise that it's from behind the door.

At this point I'm utterly confused.

Dad stops pacing and looks as if he's holding his breath as he clenches and uncleches his hands.

The hospitals door slowly opens to reveal a man in a white coat that was covered in another coat that has a liitle blood on it.

"Congratulations! The birth of your baby girl was successful and both mother and child are fine so there's nothing to worry about" the doctor, I assume, says.

Dad releases a breath as a smile spreads across his face.

"Can I see them?" he asks hopefully.

"Sure, the nurses are just finishing up by cleaning the baby and your wife" he smiles before walking off.

'Wait...did he just say daughter? If so, then that means...'

My eyes widen in shock as I watch dad run into the room excitedly.

I immediately run in after him but stop at the seen in front of me.

Dad has an arm wrapped around mum, while his other hand is pressed against the hand that is carrying a little bundle to her chest.

They are both looking at each other with so much love and intensity that you could feel the emotions raw in the air like a vapour.

Dad leaned down and gave a peck on her lips before they both turned and smiled down at the baby girl in mum's arms.

Even the two nurses in the room were silently awing.

"What are you going to name her?" one of the nurses whispered with a soft smile on her face.

"Katherine" dad whispered, not moving his eyes away from the peacfully sleeping baby.

Both nurses nodded, smiles still plastered on their faces, before quietly walking out.

"Katherine. Our little baby Katherine" mum whispers before bending down to kiss my forehead.

I stir a little in my sleep but eventually stop.

"She's beautiful. She looks just like you" dad says kissing mum's cheek still staring down at me, in my baby form.

Mum chuckles.

"That may be so but she has your beautiful forest green eyes."

They continue to smile down at me but mum's face suddenly drops and she frowns.

"We can't keep her" she whispers smiling sadly down at me.

Dad sighs deeply in sorrow before running a hand down his face.

'Why can't they keep me?'

Sorrow fills me.

This is the reason I'm here. I'm here to find out why they gave me up.

Slowly I moved further into the room and stood by the side of mums bed.

"I know, but can't we have her for a few weeks? We just got her!" He tried to whisper, but turned into a shout.

The little bundle moved yet again but stopped.

"You know it's not safe. She's not safe with us. She's safe with Jason; he's her Protector" mum explains with a sigh.

"But he'll be there! You and I both know that he'll eventually find out who Katherine really is and will do anything to have her. When he finds out that you didn't die but instead ran away, he'll..."

He grits his teeth.

"Don't you think I know that. But Jasons will be there when the time comes and we'll be ready when he finds out."

"How do you know?"

"You're married to a witch. How do you think I know?"

He skakes his head before looking up at her from his daughter.

"What was the vision about?"

"Okay, firstly not all witches have visions you know. It's only very rare moments when we get dreams of the future. That vision was the first I have had in 10 years."

He rolls his eyes but has a small smile on his face.

Mum smacks him on the chest, annoyed, but you can tell she's trying not to laugh.

I smiled at how they are. They really were in love.

"Anyway, in the vision he does find out sooner than we thought he would. You know I can't tell you anything else or it could change the future but I can tell you that Jason will be by her side through it all, just like a Protector and an over protective brother should be" she says with a small smile on her face.

Dad pecks her lips.

"Did you write the letter for the White's?" she asks.

"Yes, everything's explained in the letter. Don't worry, okay? Everything will be fine" he says hugging her to him.

"I know" she says before they both look down at the bundle with adortion and so much love.

I watch as mum's hands tighten around me a little, as if I was going to disappear.

Dad, in return, tightens his arm around her.

"We love you Katherine, you hear that? We love you with all our heart. You won't understand now but when you're old enough, you'll understand why we're going to do what we have to. We're sorry that it had to be like this sweetheart" dad whispers to me.

A lone tear slips from my eye and the world becomes dark once more.

I'm sorry too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How was this chapter?

You have finally found out why her parents left her.

Do you think they did the right thing for the right reason?

I hope you guys enjoyed!

Prayers go out to those in Brussles. I hope everyone is safe and well. Please be safe guys. ❤️

Vote

Comment

Follow

Jamilah1125 xx