Chapter 36

Happy Late International Women's Day!

This chapter is in Jasons point of view! Hope you guys enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------

(Jasons POV)

I continued to hug her: my sister.

Sister.

I definitely won't get tired of saying that word.

I guess now I know why I felt so protective over her. One part being the fact that she's my sister and the other being the fact that I'm her Protector.

Words can't explain the happiness I'm feeling right now.

I have a sister for heavens sake!

One that I never knew existed until a couple of minutes ago.

An Empathine's vision never lies, no matter what, so every vision she has is completely true.

Tha fact that I have a sister is overwhelming yet blissful.

I knew there was just something about her when we first started hanging out when we were young.

Yes, I felt protective over her even then but, to be frank, I also felt like I was connected to her somehow but I never acted on the intuition.

However, I can't help but let all the happiness fade away into the air as I mull everything over.

I have a sister who, in a way, grew up without me or a family.

Sure, I was always there when she was growing up but now it's different.

I feel like I had abandoned her. I feel like I wasn't there for her, as a brother, when she most needed me. I feel like...I've disappointed mum.

I pull away from her, not meeting her eyes.

From the corner of my eyes I can see Katherine frowning at me as her eyes roam every inch of my face.

I hear her sigh, the frown still plastered on her face, as she speaks.

"Jason, what's wrong?" she asks sounding worried.

Guilt enveloped me like a blanket.

If I wasn't a bad brother before, I'm defiantly a bad brother now. I'm making her worried for no reason whats so ever.

I move over to sit on the side of the bed, my legs criss crossed, from my standing position.

"Nothing's wrong. What are you talking about?" I ask her, trying to sound oblivious to what she is asking, as a smile suddenly plasters itself on my face.

However, I've made a fatal mistake. Tiny yet fatal.

She uses three of her fingers, on her right hand, to lift my chin resulting in my head being lifted to face her.

I hadn't looked her in the eyes when speaking, and that was the fatal mistake.

"What's wrong?" she asks again, but this time her voice was firmer.

Her eyes, yet again roam my face, and in return mine roams hers. She looks just like mum. Everything about her is exactly like her, apart from the eyes of course. I guess she's got them from her father.

I snap out of my thoughts about mum as I hear her call my name.

"Come on Jason. You can tell me anything and you know that so stop holding your feelings back. You shouldn't have to hide them, especially from your sister" she teases.