Chapter 40

Important A/N at the end about the book. Please read!

Thanks! xx
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Katherine's POV)

"Werewolves are beings like humans... but just not completely human. You see, they have the wolf gene in them, which means they have wolf characteristics. That's why we have sharpened vision, stronger sense of smell, hearing, taste, can change into a wolf etc. Our feelings are also amplified. However, Alpha's have stronger senses than any other normal werewolf. We werewolves live in packs, which are basically groups. We also have our own territories so we can't go on any other packs territory without their permission, or else it'd be trespassing. Every pack also has an Alpha and a Beta. The Alpha's the leader and the Beta's the second in command. If the Alpha's away on buissness it's up to the Beta to keep things in check," he explains.

I stare at the floor, holding my chin while absorbing all this information.

"So you're the Alpha right? I only assume this because I saw the way Becky bowed her head a little and only walked after you" I ask.

"Yes, I'm the Alpha" he says with pride.

"So does that mean Dean's your Beta? Because he's always with you."

"Yes he is. That, and the fact that he's also my bestfriend" he nods.

I scruch my eyebrows thinking of any other questions I may have about what he's told me so far, but I can't think of any.

He seems to realise this and speaks up.

"Would you like me to continue?"

"Yes, thank you."

He clears his throat before continuing.

"We train our wolves so they can protect themselves from rogues. Rogues are wolves that are banished from their pack, leave their pack or just don't have one. Most of them chose to become rogue and turn bloodthirsty and always want territory or to kill every chance they get."

A shiver runs up my spine.

He seems to notice and smiles a little.

"However, not all of them are bad. Some don't chose to become rogue and sometimes other packs accept them into theirs."

At this I also smile. At least all rogues aren't bad.

"As I was saying, we train our wolves. We also do this in case of war between other packs or a pack of rogues trying to attack."

"Other packs can attack? Why would they do that?" I ask confused.

"It depends, but usually it's either money or territory" he shrugs.

"Okay. You can continue" I smile.

"What else can I say?...Oh right, mates. So mates are basically your soulmate. You see, we werewolves believe that we started from the Moongodess. We belive she gave us this gene. The Moongodess also gave us soul mates. Our other half. Once you are 17 years old, you are able to find your mate. Once you set your eyes on them, you love them with all your heart and would protect them from anything. You'd find the one that will be there for you, that you can share your deepest secrets with and who you can trust. They mean everythjng to you. They basically turn into your whole world."

"That's so sweet" I whisper, silently awing.

"It is, but with the good there is always bad. When someone finds their mate, they can reject them. Rejecting them means that you don't want them or want anything to do with them. It leaves the rejectee heartbroken and the rejecter feeling powerful, as if he's accomplished something. However, soon they feel the effect of rejecting their other half. In some cases, they become so depressed that they commite suicide. They regret their decision so much, that they can't live with themselves anymore" he says, his lips in a tight line.