Ragnar The Fierce

Donovan woke to Caine barking at him. Something about being late.

"Get up, damn it," he said.

Donovan opened his eyes and threw himself off the couch. He hit the floor with a more than audible thud and felt firm fingers grip his collar. He was hauled onto his feet and he looked into Caine's face. He found nothing but disappointment and a shaking head. He laughed.

"I thought vampires never worried about time," he said.

"They do when they're late for a meeting with a bloody Viking," Caine replied, "now come on, boy,"

Donovan frowned, "A Viking? Where'd you find one of those?"

"He's a vampire," Caine said, "and we're late for a meeting with him. Get in the car."

"Alright, alright," he moaned as he trekked towards the front door.

Donovan found the silver BMW easily enough. It was Evelyn's car, he thought. Caine slid into the passenger seat.

"Evie out tonight?" he asked.

"Evelyn is out, yes," Caine answered, "why?"

"This her car?"

"Yes."

"You should really get a car," Donovan suggested, "it'd help."

"Donovan?"

"Yes?"

"Be quiet."

Caine pulled out of the driveway and began driving. He pulled up outside a warehouse, about twenty minutes later, "Out."

Donovan got out, "Is this where the Viking lives?" he asked.

"No," Caine answered, "this is where you may end up resting tonight."

"Resting?"

"Yes, if you keep poking fun at Ragnar."

Donovan realised that by 'resting', Caine really meant 'dying' but he couldn't resist, "Ragnar? What, was he called like Ragnar the Fierce or something?"

Caine shrugged, "I don't really know but he looked rather fierce."

Donovan started laughing, he had to get it out somehow, "Was he a beserker?"

"Donovan, I don't think..."

"Did he ride aboard the long ships?" Donovan had no idea why it was funny but it was to him, "Oh, oh wait, does he... does he braid his beard?"

Caine smiled and Donovan assumed he was showing his sense of humour, "See? It is funny."

A heavy hand came down on his back and nearly knocked him over - establishing that Caine was not showing a healthy sense of humour but a dark and cruel one - and then a voice with a definite Scandanavian accent spoke, "He used to braid his beard, it kept it out of the way and he was known as Ragnar the Danish Warlord and yes, he is very fierce."

Caine chuckled and extended a hand to someone behind Donovan. It was gripped by a large hand that was connected to a thick wrist and a muscled forearm was connected to a a bulging bicep. Donovan turned around to see a wall of muscle. His dark hair hung loose about his shoulders and he had a beard - it wasn't long, just thick. He had dark red eyes that indicated he was like them. Donovan had yet to encounter another kind of vampire. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and his left arm was covered in tattoos of weird symbols. He looked like he belonged in a metal band on the drums, well he would have if he didn't have a war axe hanging from his belt and a freaking sword on his back.