Hostages

Donovan strained against the ropes that bound him and Morwenna. He could feel her back trembling against his. He didn't know whether she was quietly crying or just shaking with fear.

"Don't bother," came a cool voice from somewhere behind him, "you're not getting out of those."

Donovan had lost a fight against two very strong vampires and another guy, who looked like, and had the presence of, a human but wasn't. What he was, however, was strong and he possessed magic... or magic possessed him. Donovan couldn't really decide which, all he knew was that he was tall, dressed entirely in black and his magic was scary as hell. He wasn't the speaker, though. That was Lord Alexander and he just looked pissed off.

Donovan smirked as he stepped into sight. He'd managed to give the lord a nasty scar on his cheek by making use of Evelyn's silverware - a fork to be precise - which had burned his hand quite badly, but it had been completely worth it.

"You going to kill us, Jonnie?" Donovan asked, taunting him.

Lord Alexander sat down in the chair in front of him and casually draped one leg over the other, "As much as I'd like to," he said, "I'm not."

"That's right," said the voice of the other vampire, "because, on the whole, killing you would be of absolutely no benefit to us."

He stepped into sight, next to Lord Alexander. He was tall and dressed in a grey three-piece suit. His black hair had been slicked back so severely, Donovan couldn't help noticing the angles in his face. His eyes were the colour of dried blood, so he wasn't angry. He seemed to have a rather nonchalant attitude towards everything going on.

Donovan heard a small sob come out of Morwenna's mouth. He'd, some how, been drugged and he had no idea what they'd done to her while he'd been out. He felt around for her hand, when he found it, he gave it a little squeeze and didn't let go. Her hands were ice cold and clammy. She really was scared.

"So what the hell do you want with us?" he demanded.

The other vampire - the one Donovan hadn't met before - smiled, showing his straight, white teeth, "Think of yourselves as hostages. You're going to help us."

Donovan laughed, "You think capturing us will lure Caine out? Well you've got another thing coming, mate."

He shook his head, "Oh no, that's not what we're trying to do. But, I'm afraid you're right. Caine couldn't be arsed about saving you. The others, however, they might not be as willing to let you two die and if, when the time comes, they don't let us in, that's exactly what's going to happen."

_________________________________________

Hello everyone,

Just a short little chapter to let you know what's going on with Donovan - I've missed him a bit. I hope you enjoyed it, please leave a vote, if you did, or a comment. As always, thank you for your support.
Kind Regards,
Raine Chandler