i. the heiress and the boy who lived

When separated, shall always reunite,

When everything is in the right.

⚡⚡⚡

Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore hummed a gentle tune as he casually walked through the busy streets of Diagon Alley. He took a quick glance behind him and smiled fondly.

"Keep up now."

Following slowly behind him while curiously gazing at everything she saw, was a young girl with fiery red hair and calming green eyes.

"Happy 11th Birthday, Little Gem."

Gemmalynn Vell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor was his beloved granddaughter left in his care by his adopted daughter, Emma Vell Peer-Dumbledore and her husband, Griffin Gryffindor.

Dumbledore guided Gemmalynn to a shabby looking building with peeling gold letters hanging over the door saying: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.

"Ah,here we are. This is where you'll obtain your wand, Little Gem. Go on, then."

Gemmalynn smiled happily at her grandfather, who gently pushed her inside the shop. She gasped in awe as she looked around the dusty shop. Thousands of narrow boxes, containing wands were piled right up to the ceiling in every corner.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Ms. Gemmalynn Gryffindor."

Gemmalynn flinched in surprise and turned around to find an elderly man was standing before her behind the counter, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop.

"Mr. Ollivander, I'm finally getting my wand today."

Garrick Ollivander smiled fondly at the young girl. "Ah yes! It seems only yesterday that your parents were here buying their first wands too." he said, picking out a box and handing the wand inside to Gemmalynn. "Here, 11" long, made of holly wood, and possessed a dragon heartstring core."

As soon as Gemmalynn held the wand, her eyes widen in awe as her whole body was covered in bright light and felt warm. Just as she was about to give the wand a wave, the light on her disappeared as a vase broke nearby and the shelves from behind Mr. Ollivander shot out.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" Gemmalynn said apologetically and quickly placed the wand on the counter.

Mr. Ollivander chuckled lightly. "Oh, not to fret. It happens all the time, but this wand wasn't the one for you, Ms. Gryffindor." he said and stared quietly at Gemmalynn. "I wonder."