vi. the witch and the house cup

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn felt three pairs of eyes on her and decided to turn around to find Harry, Ron and Hermione looking expectantly at her.

"Can you explain what happened back there with Fluffy?"

"What was that song?"

"Just how?! How come you weren't afraid? And, Fluffy knows you."

Gemmalynn laughed in amusement. "You said it yourself, Ron. I particularly lived here all my life. I met Fluffy when I was little. I was always accompanying Hagrid when he took care of Fluffy, that's why Fluffy knows me." she explained.

"What about the song? Fluffy seems to love it." Harry asked, curiously. "You sang it that night as well."

Gemmalynn nodded. "He does. Grandpa told me, it was a lullaby mum used to sing to us when we were babies. I always sang it around Fluffy and he would sleep soundly even before I could finish singing." she explained and Harry smiled.

"That was amazing, your voice as well!" Hermione gushed, happily.

As Harry and Ron nodded in agreement with Hermione, Gemmalynn's cheeks turned pink, embarrassed by the compliments. Hermione and Ron grinned happily at Gemmalynn, while Harry stared at her with admiration. Suddenly, they heard a strange fluttery sound.

"Do you hear that?" Gemmalynn asked and glanced around in confusion.

"What is that?" Hermione asked as well and looked around.

The four Gryffindors exchanged confused looks at each other.

"I don't know, sounds like wings."

They all looked up and their eyes widen in shock to see about a hundred winged creatures flying above them.

"Curious, I've never seen birds like these."

"They're not birds." Gemmalynn said and narrowed her eyes at the winged creatures. "Look closely, they're keys!"

"And, I'll bet one of then fits that door." Harry said and pointed at the door nearby.

The other three turned around to see an old fashioned looking door. They looked at each other and nodded in understanding.

Hermione glanced around the room. "What's this all about?" she asked in confusion.

"I don't know." Harry replied as he shrugged.

Harry and Hermione looked at Gemmalynn, who was deep in thought as she stared at the winged creatures.

"Gem?"