xv. the special one and the dangers

When catching feelings,

The heart yearns.

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn found out the Weasleys won the Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw to Egypt, and the Grangers went to France for the summer, and decided to spend her summer with Harry, who was weirdly happy about it.

When the Dursleys found out that she was staying with them for the entire summer, they were fterrified that she would curse them with her magic. Because of her, Harry was never, even once, mistreated by them.

Harry was 'over the moon' happy that Gemmalynn was with him for the summer, even though he couldn't contact Ron and Hermione, because they were currently on vacation with their families. When he admitted to himself that started to have feelings for Gemmalynn, he was more conscious of their closeness when standing together, and became shy when she would smile or laugh at him. In his eyes, she has gotten prettier.

In the middle of the night, as the Privet Drive slumbered, Gemmalynn and Harry were on the latter's bed, under a blanket with their wands in their hand.

"Lumos!"

Harry's wand lit up, illuminating the dark bedroom.

"Again, and make it brighter."

"Lumos Maxima!"

Harry's wand lit up brighter than before. Gemmalynn smiled as she looked down at Violeta Stitch's Extreme Incantations in front of her and tapped her wand over the book.

"This isn't so hard isn't it?"

Harry chuckled lightly and nodded as he looked up at Gemmalynn, who looked at him and smiled happily. He felt millions of butterflies in his stomach as a blush made its way on his cheeks. He faked a cough and looked away before hearing a toilet flushed.

Gemmalynn and Harry's eyes widen as they stiffened.

"Nox!"

Harry's wand dimmed wnd pulled Gemmalynn flat on the bed as the bedroom door opened, revealing Vernon, who peered inside suspiciously. He turned away and closed the door as Gemmalynn and Harry chuckled quietly. They rolled over and faced each other with their wands.

"Lumos Maxima!" Harry said as his wand lit up brightly.

Gemmalynn smiled. "Lumos Maxima!" she said and her wand lit up brightly as well.

The two heard the light of the hallway snapped on, and quickly laid flat on the bed once as the door opened once again, revealing Vernon. He switched on the light and saw the two were sleeping. Slowly, he closed the door and finally walked away.