x. the parselmouth and the rising problems

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Inside the Hospital Wing, Ron was grinning maniacally as he watched Draco looking dazed. Madam Pomfrey quickly entered the room with a bottle of Skele-Gro and glanced at Draco, lying on a bed. Pansy, Goyle, Crabbe and Flint surrounding the overreacting Draco.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, stop making such a fuss. You can go." Madam Pomfrey said as she hurried over to Harry, who was surrounded by a group of Gryffindors. "Out of my way."

Gemmalynn sat up on her bed, which was beside Harry's, while Hermione and Ron stood in between hers and Harry's beds. She watched as Madam Pomfrey poured out a steaming beakerful of liquid from a bottle of Skele-Gro.

"He should have been brought straight to me!" Madam Pomfrey said loudly then sharply turned to Gemmalynn, who quickly looked away. "And, you! You shouldn't have left without me knowing! You still need to rest!" she turned back to Harry. "I can mend bones in a heartbeat but growing them back---"

"But, you will be able to, won't you, Madam Pomfrey?" Gemmalynn asked, worriedly.

Madam Pomfrey nodded to Gemmalynn. "I'll be able to, certainly." she assured and glanced at Harry. "But, it will be painful. Regrowing bones is nasty business. You and Gemmalynn are in for a rough night, Potter."

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other as Madam Pomfrey looked at Gemmalynn, pointing the steaming cup of Skele-Gro to her. "You resting the whole night." she said and turned back to Harry as she handed him the steaming cup. "And, you regrowing your bones."

Harry took the steaming cup and drank it, but he quickly spit it out and grimaced in disgust. Gemmalynn watched him as she stifled a laugh.

"Well, what did you expect? Pumpkin juice?"

Then, a flash of light made Gemmalynn and Harry blinked. They saw Colin standing in between their beds, holding his camera.

"That was brilliant today, Gemmalynn, Harry! Brilliant!"

Gemmalynn and Harry frowned slightly at the enthusiastic boy.

"Out! All of you! This boy's got thirty-three bones to regrow, and this girl needs all the rest she can get!" Madam Pomfrey scolded Gemmalynn and Harry's visitors, and led them out.

Hermione and Ron smiled and waved goodbye to Gemmalynn and Harry and hurried off with the others as Madam Pomfrey closed the hospital doors behind her. As Gemmalynn laid back on her bed and made herself comfortable, Harry turned to her.

"I'm really grateful for what you did, Gem. For stopping the bludger, I mean." Harry said, gratefully.

Gemmalynn turned her head to the side to look at Harry and smiled happily. "It was nothing, Harry. I just don't understand why there was a rogue bludger in the game earlier." she said in wonder.