xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn and Harry saw the basilisk was finally dead and looked at each other in relief. The redhead heiress looked down at Harry's arm and gasped in horror.

"Harry, your arm!"

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn's worried face and looked down to find the fang that pierced his arm, his blood was slowly soaking into his robe.

Gemmalynn looked at the fang with concern. "I'll take it out, brace yourself." she said and Harry nodded.

Gemmalynn grabbed the fang with both her hands and, with all the reminding strength she had, yanked the it from Harry's arm.

Riddle stepped forward, almost fully whole now, and his eyes shined at the sight of Harry's wound. "Remarkable, isn't it? How quickly the venom of the basilisk penetrates the body?" he said and looked down at Gemmalynn. "Dear, Gryffindor, if you have any final words for Potter, you'd best speak them now. I'd guess he has little more than a minute to live."

Harry looked down and blinked heavily as the skin of his forearm turned to a troubling gray, while Gemmalynn's eyes brimmed with tears as she looked worriedly at him.

"So, ends the famous Harry Potter. On his knees in the Chamber of Secrets. Defeated by the Dark Lord he so unwisely challenged. You'll be back with your dear mudblood mother soon, Harry."

Harry glanced at Ginny, who was nearly white now, the only evidence of life the trembling of a single finger. He studied her finger and what was beneath it. Tom Riddle's diary. He looked back at Gemmalynn and touched her arm to get her attention.

Gemmalynn looked at Harry and leaned closer to him. "What is it?" she whispered, quietly.

"I need you to do something." Harry whispered back.

Gemmalyn leaned her ear closer to Harry, who whispered something to her. She nodded as she secretly took the basilisk's fang under her robe and glanced at Riddle's diary.

"Funny, isn't it? The damage a silly little book can do? Especially in the hands of a silly little girl."

Gemmalynn stood up and faced Riddle. "My mother must have been blinded by your so-called love. You're rotten to the core!" she spat angrily as she slowly walked towards Ginny. "Have you ever thought maybe she did love you that's why she decided to tell you the truth? Did killing her, also killed your feelings for her? She didn't mean to hurt you, or because she didn't want to be a killer like you?"

Gemmalynn slumped beside Ginny and placed her hand over hers, slipping the diary free.

Riddle stared at her in confusion when he saw what she was doing. "What are you doing?"