xxvii. the treasure and the second task

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

"Of all the Weasleys to like, you chose Ronald."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "The two oldest are working, Percy's dating Penelope Clearwater, and the twins, obviously, only have eyes on you. Ginny's like our little sister." she said and sighed heavily. "And, we don't have control over who to like and not to like."

Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement. "It just so happens that the one you like is a bloody idiot." she mocked.

Gemmalynn and Hermione laughed in amusement as they walked out of the Gryffindor Tower and stopped when they saw Cedric standing by the stairs, as if waiting for someone.

"Cedric?"

Cedric turned with surprise and smiled when he saw Gemmalynn. "Hey, Gem, Hermione." he greeted and walked over to the two girls.

Hermione smiled knowingly at Gemmalynn and leaned closer to her ear. "And, we don't have control over who likes us." she whispered and looked at Cedric. "I'll leave you two alone. Take care of Gem."

Cedric looked at her and nodded. "Of course." he said and turned to Gemmalynn. "Wanna hang out?"

Gemmalynn turned to Hermione and glared at her, while Hermione smiled teasingly at her and walked away. She forced out a smile as she turned back to a patient Cedric.

"Sure."

Gemmalynn and Cedric walked the corridor as students glanced their way while whispering to each other.

"Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Cedric Diggory are dating?"

"When did that happen?"

"They were each other's dates at the Yule Ball."

"The rumours about Cedric liking Gemmalynn are real."

"I thought it would be Harry and Gemmalynn."

"Did you see Gemmalynn and Malfoy dancing?"

Gemmalynn and Cedric ignored the students around them and walked towards the covered wooden bridge, where some students were talking and hanging out.

"Have you figured out the golden egg?" Cedric asked her.

Gemmalynn glanced at him and nodded. "Professor Moody told me to put the egg underwater and listen to it. There are merpeople in the Black Lake." she said and Cedric's eyes widen in shock. "What? I know grandpa said we stand alone in this tournament, but I don't want to. As fellow champions from Hogwarts, we should help each other."