xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Thunder rumbled and lightning struck as the clouds bloom with icy blue light.

Far below the Quidditch Pitch, the crowd roared in cheer as the two Quidditch teams, Gryffindor in scarlet and Hufflepuff in canary-yellow took flight in the air as soon as the balls were released, beginning the game.

Harry, Hermione and Ron cheered from the stands when they saw Gemmalynn, rising like a rocket through the mist, her robes snapping violently in the wind as she flew, rain falling like needles before her, every dark cloud concealing potential danger.

It was supposed to be a game between Gryffindor and Slytherin, but Draco played the fact that he was injured by Buckbeak to avoid playing in the stormy weather. Gemmalynn offered Oliver to play as Seeker for today's game with Hufflepuff, because she was worried for Harry's safety after she saw the drawing Draco drew of him. Oliver was worried at first for her own safety, but couldn't reject her when she was practically begging him. The Gryffindor Quidditch Captain has a soft spot for the Gryffindor Heiress, and everyone on the team knew.

Beaters crisscrossed Gemmalynn's path as bludger whizzed past. She noticed the other bludger rocketed directly towards her as her eyes widen in horror.

"Oh no!"

Gemmalynn quickly ducked and watched the bludger shattered the broom of a Hufflepuff beater, making her gasp in shock.

"Oh, that's brutal."

The Hufflepuff beater went into a wild spiral, vanishing in the mist. Gemmalynn looked on worriedly and didn't notice the twin bludgers coming her way.

"Gem!"

Gemmalynn flinched in surprise as Fred and George appeared in front her. They poised their bats towards the incoming bludgers before hitting them away from her towards the Hufflepuffs. Gemmalynn looked in shock at what just happened and smiled gratefully at the twins.

"As always, my knights in red. Thanks, you two!" Gemmalynn said gratefully and noticed the golden snitch up ahead. "Let's win this game!"

Fred and George high fived and grinned happily as they watch Gemmalynn zoomed past them towards the ball she was in charge of catching.

Stitch of lightning strikes the tail of the broom of her teammate, Angelina Johnson. As it burst into flames, she plummeted to the pitch.

"Angelina!"

Gemmalynn glanced back at her teammate worriedly as she continued to fly fearlessly, for the golden snitch as bludgers pierced the clouds above her and Chasers flit in and out of view far below. She jet off closing fast on the tiny, glimmering ball, chasing it through one cloud then another and another until she broke into a clear patch of sky, only to find it was gone. She groaned in annoyance as she looked around.