xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione raced through the trees of the Forbidden Forest as Buckbeak loped easily behind them.

"Now, what?" Harry asked and glanced at Gemmalynn.

"Didn't you hear me earlier, Harry? We save Sirius, of course." Gemmalynn told him.

Harry frowned slightly. "I heard, but, we do that how?"

Harry and Hermione looked at Gemmalynn and saw she was pouting in annoyance. Hermione thought that her best friend looked adorable while pouting and glanced at Harry. She stifled her laugh when she saw he was staring at their friend with a blush on his cheeks.

Gemmalynn looked ahead and saw the Whomping Willow thrashing, just as she saw herself and Hermione disappeared down the hole, and Lupin approached the tree.

"Look, it's Professor Lupin!"

The three watched as the Whomping Willow began to thrash, but a calm Lupin took a stick, poked a knot on the trunk, making the violent tree calm down.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and her mouth gawked open in shock "So, that's how you do it." she said in awe.

Harry turned to her with a grin. "Wait until Fred and George hear about that one." he said as he and Gemmalynn chuckled.

"Here comes, Snape." Hermione told them.

As Lupin disappeared into the gap at the base of the tree, Snape followed after him.

"And now, we wait." Harry said and the girls nodded.

"Now, we wait."

⚡⚡⚡

Bats flew around the darkening sky as Buckbeak easily snagged one to chew on.

Gemmalynn smiled fondly at Buckbeak. "At least someone's enjoying himself." she said and sighed softly.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione sat together as they waited for themselves to come out of the Whomping Willow. Harry snapped off a piece of chocolate and handed it to Gemmalynn, who smiled gratefully. He snapped another one and handed it to Hermione, who smiled politely and declined it.

"Hermione."

Hermione looked back at Harry. "Yes?"

"Before. Down by the lake, when Gem and I were with Sirius. I saw someone, that someone made the Dementors go away." Harry said as Gemmalynn quietly nibbled her chocolate.

Hermione nodded. "With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore when we were taken to the hospital. According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it." she said and looked at a quiet Gemmalynn.