xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

"Gem, Harry!"

Gemmalynn and Harry turned to Hermione's voice and saw she was staring at the full moon in the sky. Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror as she turned at Lupin, who was rigid and his fingers twitching.

"Professor Lupin!" Gemmalynn said, worriedly.

Harry looked at Lupin and glanced at the full moon as he grabbed Gemmalynn's hand and stood protectively in front of her.

Black looked at Lupin. "Remus, old friend, did you take your potion tonight?" he asked, worriedly and Lupin shook his head as he looked back at the others. "Run. All of you. Now!"

Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Ron didn't move, their eyes transfixed on Lupin as bristles poked through his skin. Black stepped towards Lupin and wrapped his arms around, pressing his mouth to his ear.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh." Black said and pounded Lupin's heart. "This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!"

Gemmalynn noticed Pettigrew and saw he was eyeing Lupin. She followed where he was looking at Lupin's lengthening fist that was holding his wand. Her eyes widen, realizing what he was planning to do and saw Lupin dropped his wand as Pettigrew tried to reach for it.

"Hold it!" Gemmalynn shouted, angrily as she stepped away from Harry and whipped her wand out. "Expelliarmus!"

Lupin's wand flew from Pettigrew's hand and he froze as he slowly turned to Gemmalynn, his face blank, eyes closed as he grinned hideously before transforming back into a rat.

Stunned, Gemmalynn watched as Pettigrew darted into the night, just as a howl pierced through the night air. She gasped as she turned to Lupin, who had transformed into a werewolf. With a shrug, Lupin tossed Black into the air and turned to Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione as they backed away

The werewolf's eyes blazed straight into their eyes, its long teeth glittered in the night as a horrifying growl erupted from its throat. Harry grabbed Gemmalynn's hand, who did the same to Hermione's as they turned to flee, but ran flat into Snape and collapsed in a great clumsy pile.

Snape's eyes fluttered open and saw Hermione on top of him before sweeping her aside.

"Out of the way!"

"Professor Snape!" Gemmalynn called out to him frantically.

Snape turned and saw the werewolf, preparing to pounce at. Quickly leaping to his feet, he drew his wand and stepped forward, shielding Gemmalynn, Hermione, Harry and Ron from the werewolf.

The werewolf howled and sprinted forward, when a giant black dog, Black intercepted it in midair. They hit the ground in a fierce tangle of flashing teeth. Again and again, the dog pushed the werewolf back, but the werewolf was too strong.