Christmas

I was in the guard tower of the prison. I like being up there. It gives me alone time and to think. Winter was here and it was snowing. Rick didn't think it was a good idea to be up there while snowing but I wanted to. I had my coat and everything so I would be fine. As I was watching I heard someone come up the guard tower. I turned around and saw Rick.

"Hey." He said.

I smiled.

"Hey." I said.

"Just wanted to check and see if you're not freezing to death up here." He said.

I chuckled. I was cold but I wasn't freezing surprisingly.

"No I'm fine." I said. "I kinda like being up here."

"Well, can I keep you company?" He asked.

I nodded. I looked over at the field of the prison. It was full of snow. Looked kinda pretty actually. I started thinking about the last time it snowed like this. And it was back before the apocalypse of course. I chuckled at the memory.

"What?" Rick asked while smiling.

"Nothing." I said. "I was just thinking about what I was doing last year when it snowed like this. I was decorating my apartment for Christmas and listening to Christmas music."

I laughed. Christmas was my favorite holiday. I started to feel sad because I couldn't celebrate it anymore. I noticed I was tearing up and I didn't want Rick to see so I quickly wiped my tears away. I think Rick noticed because from the look on his face. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"I miss how thangs were too." Rick said.

I nodded. I felt more tears coming but I held them back.

"Y/N, you can cry if you want too." Rick said. "I won't judge if that's what you're afraid of."

That's when the tears came. Rick wrapped me in his arms. I never felt this close to Rick before. I mean, we've talked a lot as friends and we have a lot in common but inside I felt something different when he comforted me. And it felt good. I pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I said. "You probably think I'm pathetic."

He shook his head.

"I don't think you're pathetic at all." Rick said. "I wanna show you something. Tomorrow meet me back up here."

I was confused but I nodded anyway. That's when he left. I wonder what he wants to show me.

~~~

The next day, I went up to the guard tower. It was still snowing so I had my coat on. When I went up there Rick was already there. He had a Santa hat on.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N." Rick said.

He had another Santa hat and he gave it to me to wear. I put it on.

"I couldn't find a Christmas tree that would fit in here so I have this." Rick said.

It was one of those tiny trees as a decoration people would put on desks. I smiled at him. This was really nice of him to do.

"Rick you didn't have to do all of this." I said.

"Wait here comes the best part." Rick said.

He took an iPod out of his pocket and played Christmas music. Ok he seriously thought of everything.

"And guess what's next." Rick said.

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Your present." Rick said.

He got me a present? Ok he really did think of everything. He gave me my present that was even wrapped up!

"Open it." Rick said.

I opened it. It was a small box. The box said Merry Christmas, Darling. And inside was a necklace. It was beautiful. It was silver and heart shaped.

"Rick, I can't believe you did all of this." I said.

"You deserve it." Rick said.

"How did you do it?" I asked.

"I have my ways." Rick said smirking.

I laughed.

"Well, thank you for all of this." I said. "And thank you for the necklace. I feel bad though. I didn't get you anything."

"Oh I think you're about to give me my gift." Rick said.

I looked at him confused.

"Look up." He said.

I looked up and there was mistletoe hanging above us. I didn't even see that when I got here.

"Where did that come from?" I asked.

"I don't know." Rick said.

I blushed and chuckled at him. I could tell he was lying about that. I don't know how he managed to do all of this. I leaned in to kiss him. Rick gently cupped my face with his hand. When I pulled away we both smiled at each other.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N." Rick said.

"Merry Christmas, Rick." I said.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoyed this imagine! And I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Luv u guys! Byee!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖