prologue

♡♡♡

"Harry I need to tell you something," I stated closing my eyes, not sure how I was going to phrase this or what his reaction would be, but I needed to tell him.

I did know that no matter what I said now it wouldn't change anything that is about to happen. He was getting married in less than 24 hours, and nothing that I could say or do would change that. It was hopeless to say anything really but I needed to say something regardless. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left this unsaid.

"Yes Emmie?" He smiled adjusting his tie in the mirror looking back at me in the reflection.

He looked so happy today. I practically grew up with this boy and I've never seen him his happy. He beamed from ear to ear, lighting up the entire room. His green eyes glowed brightly with bliss. I couldn't take this away from him, but I knew he was making the wrong choice.

"Maybe I shouldn't tell you." I thought out loud shaking my head and began pacing back and forth.

"Emmie-"

"Because if I tell you things may go horribly wrong."

"Emmie-"

"But if I don't tell you I will probably regret this for the rest of my life."

"Emily!"

I stop dead in my tracks from pacing and looked into Harry's pleading eyes.

"Just tell me," He said calmly.

I looked down at my hands, I held them tightly together trying to stop them from shaking, "I know...I know that this won't change anything but I," Choking on my own words, I could barely speak as I looked back up at him tears welling in my eyes.

I didn't intend on crying really, but as the tears began blurring my vision I knew it was too late to stop them now. And as he began to comprehend the tears that were now rolling down my face, his smile dropped and his expression softened. He could easily read like a book- he knew something was wrong.

"Emmie, what is it?" He asked quietly, stepping closer to me.

I opened my mouth to say something but all that came out was air. I rehearsed what I was going to say for days, weeks even, but I still never phrased it correctly in my mind. It was too late for anymore planning, this was actually happening. It was now or never and I needed to say something.

But I was hopelessly tongue tied over these three simple words.

He quickly walked over, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Tell me," he whispered lightly stroking my back.

"Please don't marry her..." my words barely audible.

He pulls me away from his embrace so he could look at me directly in the eyes, "What?"

There was another pause before I said the words I've needed to say.

"I love you."

And with those three words, both our worlds came crashing down.

a/n: hello everyone i know it's been forever since i've published anything on here but here i am again! i just wanted to say that i've worked really hard on this story so far and i'm really proud of it, i hope you all enjoy it as well! lots of love as always xx.

-s