chapter twenty one

♡♡♡

12.18.13

"Louis! Louis! Let's take shots," I shouted from across the bar trying to catch his attention.

I made my way over to him, stumbling through people that I didn't recognize until I reached Louis.

He rested his hands firmly on my shoulder to help steady me on my feet as I practically fell into him.

"You're a little drunk aren't yeah, Emily? Don't you think you've had enough to drink?" He asked laughing.

"Louis, I don't get drunk." I stated in the most serious way I could. I bit hard down on my bottom lip to help prevent the giggles from erupting once again.

"Emily." He stated patronizingly. He narrowed his eyes down at me, acting like the parental figure I didn't want to deal with.

"Now don't be boring! Come on!" I exclaimed shaking my hips with my arms in the air, "This girl needs some tequila!" I shouted as I poured another shot down my throat. 

I didn't know how much I had drank this evening, but I knew it was a lot. I wasn't drunk though. As I said I don't get drunk. I just have a good time.

However I could barely stand, and whenever I tried to walk anywhere, I looked like Bambi on ice. Or at least that's what Niall had told me.

"Where's Harry?" I whined trying my best to prevent my worlds from slurring.

"Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged my shoulders innocently, with a small pout of my lips.

"Is it because you love him?" Louis asked in a mocking tone.

"Do not!" I swiftly punched him in the shoulder yelling at him.

"Aw little Emily has a crush." Louis cooed pinching my cheek.

I quickly swiped his hand away and disagreed once again.

"He's over by the couches, love." Louis answered and I merrily skipped toward the other side of the room.

I looked around the room, trying to focus my vision on a curly mop headed boy. My eyes hovered the crowd of people until I spotted him. However I immediately wished I didn't.

He was sitting on the couch with a girl. His lips stuck to hers as her hands moved to his hair. I turned away from the view and forced myself to keep a composed expression. I tried to shake the jealous feeling that was quickly growing in me. I don't know why I cared so much; he was just my best friend. I shouldn't be feeling this way. But I couldn't help but to have my eyes water up. The shock of what I had just witnessed quickly sobered me up, to the point where I was able to comprehend as to what I was doing and what I was seeing.

I turned around abruptly on my heal wanting to leave before I was going to puke and fell into Louis once again.

He frowned at me, obviously viewing what I had just saw. He then grabbed my hand, leading me outside.

I crossed my arms at the sudden cool air that brushed against my body. I then felt a jacket fall upon my shoulders. I smiled up a Louis as a few tears escaped my eyes.

"You alright?" He asked softly.

I nodded my head, my body remaining tense.

"Em, you look as though you are going to puke."