chapter twenty two

♡♡♡

6.1.15

"I miss you." He mumbled into the phone as he stared up at his hotel ceiling through the darkness, "I didn't mean to wake you." He sighed as I let out another yawn.

I shrugged although he couldn't see. "It's fine, Harry. I miss you too so I don't mind you waking me up in the middle of the night to tell me that." I said with a smile growing on my tired lips, "What time is it across the pond, anyway?"

"Uh about ten-thirty." He answered and then asked, "What time is it back home?"

"Three-ish." I shrugged glancing over at the clock.

"I'm really sorry, you should be sleeping."

"Harry it's really alright." I yawned slightly.

"So anything new I should know about?" He asked changing the topic.

"Nope, nothing has happened since I talked to you this afternoon, or my afternoon your morning." I chuckled.

Harry and I talked almost twice times a day on the phone. It was something we did to make sure both of us were updated on each other's lives, so it felt like we were still connected in a way, even when we were miles apart.

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow, or today I mean?" He asked switching the topic.

"I have this stupid final in the morning." I groaned rolling my eyes and turn over to my stomach so I could rest on my arms.

"You have a final in the morning and you're on the phone with me at three-ish in the morning?" He exclaimed louder than I would have liked.

"Yeah?" I answered yet it sounded more like a question.

"You shouldn't be talking to me at three-ish in the morning when you have a final! You need your rest so you will do really well." He stated sounding like a true parent.

"Relax," I said dragging out the word.

"Emily-"

"It's only my linguistics final, it's really no big deal," I assured him in attempt to calm him down, "Besides I'd rather be talking to you right now."

"Linguistics? Em, you're speaking rubbish," he said sternly, but I knew he was hiding his smile. "Go to sleep."

"I miss you."

"You said that already," He reminded me letting out a small chuckle.

"Do you ever think about what might have happened if we went to the same uni like we planned?"

"Emmie, I didn't want to go to school remember."

"No I know, sorry," I frowned, knowing that all he wanted to do was to perform.

Harry sighed, "I do though...sometimes think about it."

I exhaled slowly my eyes closing. Part of me felt the relief that he thinks about what ifs at the times, maybe in the same way I do.

He continued to talk as my breathing was becoming steady through the phone and he knew soon I'd be asleep. Its something we both did from time to time, sleeping on the phone, it was good for the both of us. It made it seem like we were in bed together minus the actual contact but I didn't feel as far away from each other.

6.26.16 | 6 Days.

I made my way to my car, grocery bags grasped tightly in my arms as I struggle to find my keys. Of course my phone would ring. I quickly opened the door shoving the bags in the passenger seat and shuffle through my purse. I slid the answer button just in time.