chapter nine

♡♡♡

2.25.11

"Harry come on," I whined rolling my eyes at the childish boy folding his study sheet into a paper plane rather than actually studying the context.

Him, Rachael and I were sitting in the library reading over textbook and various notes that we've taken over the coarse of the semester.

"We have finals next week. You should really be studying." I reminded him sternly.

"God, you're not fun!" Harry complained, "You act like my mum."

I chuckled at him as my gaze went back down to studying the quadratic formula on my sheet.

Rachael, one of my good friends, sitting across from me exchanged a smirk between the two of us before she continued reading her textbook.

Moments of silence have passed and I actually thought we were all focused on our work. That is until I felt Harry's stare on my face. I look at him with the corner of my eyes as he simply watches my every move making me rather uncomfortable.

I turn my head so I can face him, and he abruptly looks away. I sighed quietly looking back down at my textbook and, once again, I felt his two green eyes staring deeply at me.

I look back up him, once again, to meet his gaze that quickly shifted away.

"Stop, seriously." I ordered becoming more agitated.

He noticed my tone change quickly and he looked back at his textbook.

"I'm studying, Emmie...and you want me to stop? Do you not care about my education?"

"Em," Rachael chimed in, resting her head on her hand as she continues writing on her work sheet, "You're the only one who really needs to be studying since you want to go to Cambridge for Uni."

"Yeah," Harry agreed with Rachael as he rolled his eyes, "Though you're obviously going to get in, even though you're only number four in class."

I let out a bitter laugh, and then stuck my tongue out at him. Harry followed my action, inching his face closer toward me with his tongue out as well.

Harry didn't need to study. He was brilliant; number two in the class actually. I was number four, and he would constantly brag about how he is higher than me when really it's just because his GPA is .2 places higher than mine. Nonetheless, I let him have his fun.

I continued to read over the same line that I've read about ten times now, but I still couldn't help but feel his eyes locked on me again. I let out a short huff and I looked up at him, this time he didn't look away. His lips curled into a smirk that made my heart melt and butterflies sporadically soar around in my stomach.

I giggled quietly and then tried to regain my serious attitude.

"No. You need to be studying too." I told him for what seems like the hundredth time, my eyes wide and stern.

He furrowed his brow looking back his textbook studiously as he nodded his head, "I am studying."

I notice Rachael trying to gain my attention and I watch her lips carefully as she mouths something silently to me: "He likes you!"

My eyes widen with nerves and I felt my heart fall to my stomach.

"Stop." I mouth back looking at Harry to make sure he wasn't paying attention.