chapter sixteen

♡♡♡

11.7.12

"What have I done?" Liam asked himself looking down at his newly tattooed arm.

"I think it looks good, Liam." I chuckled, while Liam continued to look mortified at the bold chevron tat he now sports on the outside of his right forearm.

He mockingly laughs along with me as he sits up from the chair still glaring down at his arm.

"You ready miss?" The tattoo artist asked glancing up at me.

"Ready," I sighed shakily.

Of course I made Liam go first. I figured if Liam could get a daring tattoo like that and make it through without crying, so could I. Right?

He carefully began disinfecting the area right below my elbow. He placed the stencil down and let it transfer onto my skin.

I know it maybe cliche or too simple for a girl to get flowers as her first tattoo. However these were the followers the grew all around our house.

And because of that Poppy's have always been my favorite flower. And it would feel like having a piece of home with me wherever I may go.

I nodded my head, and then adjusted myself on the cushions.

"This shouldn't take very long," the artist reassured me as if he could tell that I was nervous.

"I can't watch." Liam stated covering his eyes.

I flinched at the first initial impact of the needle. It was uncomfortable to say the least, but it wasn't terrible. I tried my best to simply focus on my breathing, rather than the tiny million needles that were stabbing my back at this very moment.

Before I knew it, I heard the gun quieted down and I didn't feel the pressure on my back anymore.

"Alright, that's it." He stated putting the clear wrap over it.

"That's it?" I repeated in shock.

"You did great," he encouraged me.

"I'm not going to lie Em, but I thought you would for sure chicken out." Liam chuckled helping me stand up.

"Shut it." I giggled softly hitting him on his chest.

Liam and I then walked out of the parlor with new tattoos and one hell of a memory together.

"Oh god what's my mum going to think?" Liam exclaimed nervously as he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Just don't tell her," I shrugged.

"It's on my forearm! She's going to see it!" He exclaimed, "What if she cries?"

"Hey," I stated defensively raising my hands up in front of my chest, "That was your decision. You should've thought about that before hand...or should I say be-forearm? Get it?"

"You're no help." Liam groaned as he followed slowly behind me.

"Oh would you hurry up. The lads are waiting for us." I reminded him as I pulled him along, "I wonder what they're going to think of your new ink. I bet Zayn will be proud: Liam Payne the badass." I chuckled.

"How's Harry going to feel about your new ink?" Liam inquired and I knew he was trying to get a reaction out of me by bringing up Harry.

"Uh I'm actually not sure, I didn't tell him I was going to get one." I told Liam still walking and looking straight ahead of me.