chapter twenty

♡♡♡

5.24.13

"This is so stupid," Harry groaned after I had asked him to turn around for the twentieth time.

"It is not stupid," I argued crossing my arms, "You don't want to look like a bum at your mum's wedding, now do you?" I went over to grab the jacket from the hanger and helped him slide both his arms through the sleeves.

A smile began to grow on Harry's face, a giggle escaping from his lips.

"What's so funny?" I rose an eyebrow as I turn back to face him.

"That rhymed."

"Grow up." I said not amused at his behavior.

"Hey, just because you're almost a Cambridge graduate doesn't mean you're more mature than me. I'm still older than you." He reminded me.

"Yeah, by three months." I scoffed walking toward the ties that were laid out on the table.

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

I walk back over toward Harry with a black tie in my hand.

"Chin up," I ordered and he lifts his head higher.

"I like the black tie," Harry said, "Very classic."

"Really? I mean I could always grab that bright pink, if you want-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence before he exclaimed sternly, "No! Never. You won't catch me dead in a hot pink tie."

I laugh at his seriousness; his eyes practically popped out of his head at the idea.

"So are you excited for the wedding?" Harry asked as I continue to wrap the tie around his collar.

"Yes," I smiled concentrating on what I was doing, "I'm so happy for your mum." I paused once more smoothing out the silk and then meeting Harry's gaze once again. "What about you?"

"I'm just really glad she found someone who is able to make her happy." Harry nodded, "But he will never be my father."

I furrowed my eyebrows, tilting my head to the side slightly. "I thought you liked Robin?"

"I do, he's a great man, but..." Harry trailed off his gaze shifting slightly from left to right.

"Nobody will ever replace your dad, Harry." I stated understanding what he was trying to say, looking sympathetically at him.

I knew the divorce was hard for him as a child, so I could only imagine how it felt to have another father figure walk into his life.

He had a small smile on his face as he nodded. I smiled back after brushing off his tux and then moved out of the way so he could look at himself in the mirror.

"So how do you feel?" I asked clapping my hands together.

"Who is this handsome lad looking back at me?" Harry smirked at his reflection as he adjusted his tie.

"Hm someone's boastful?" I chuckled shaking my head at the silly boy. "But I will agree you look nice."

"What about you?" Harry asked shifting his focus over toward me.

"What about me?" I inquired.

"What are you going to wear?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed running through a few ideas that I had, "I mean I can always wear that one blue dress I have."