chapter three

♡♡♡

6.13.16 | 19 Days.

I woke up in my own bed for what feels like the first time in forever. I was so happy to be back, the rain softly pattered on my window making it feel even more like home. It was so peaceful. People hated the rain, but there was something about the cold water falling from the sky that created a sense of comfort for me. I inhale the cool air and roll over on my side so I can look at the rain falling from outside my window. I love mornings like these, and I plan on savoring every moment of it.

My door then bursts open in the matter of seconds, "Oh good, you're up." My mother said in relief after noticing I was awake, "Remember we have Harry's engagement party tonight at Anne's." My mother then shut the door, and left me be with my thoughts.

I completely forgot.

I then rolled over on my stomach, and screamed into my pillow.

"Emily, are you aright? Did Ed Sheeran release a new single again?" My mother shouted frantically from the bottom of the staircase.

"I'm fine, mum!" I yelled back, my voice muffled from the pillow.

I wasn't mad about Harry getting married, I was just mad that he never even told me he was so serious about this girl. We talked at least once a day, yet he never mentioned any girl. I wanted to ask him a thousand questions, wanting him to explain every little detail to me, but this was none of my business and I guess I just had to let him do what he thinks is right.

There's just one problem: I'm in love with him.

I quickly got dressed, and then looked in the mirror, sighing in frustration once I saw the mess of bedhead I had.

My hair has been thin and straight all my life, but not the cute kind of straight. The kind of straight hair that was so boring all you could do was throw it in a pony tail or else it would frizz up.

I tossed through my hair with my fingers trying to make it look good in any way I could, but there was really no hope. Finally I gave up and braided it soppily.

I walked down the stairs and saw my mum and Anne frantically running around, while Elyse was sitting at the kitchen table eating waffles and watching them in amusement.

"Oh good, Emily, would you mind running a few errands with me?" Anne asked rushing over to me.

She looked drained; the bags under his eyes were dark as if she hasn't slept in weeks. She's been probably working like crazy to get this wedding ready. However she still managed to look beautiful.

"Of course," I smiled though I really would rather be eating waffles like Elyse was. But I knew Anne would appreciate the help.

"You're a doll." Anne hugged me, relief slumping in her shoulders.

Anne has always loved me, as if I were her second daughter. She was always there for me; whether it was an award ceremony or when I had a bad trip to the dentist. She would always show up with either ice cream or flowers (depending on the occasion, of course).

She would often ask if Harry and I were dating, when she said, "Oh, I'm so glad you two finally got together!" Harry and I would pretend to puke, Harry usually replying with, "Ew no mum, she's just my best friend." I would always laugh along, but it did hurt to say the least. Anne would always chuckle to herself and say, "For now, but you never know what could happen."

Anne grabbed her purse from the counter and I followed her out to the car, trying to avoid the rain as quickly as possible.

She pulled out of the driveway as we begin to make small talk.