chapter thirty

♡♡♡

7.1.16 | 1 Day.

I walked into my house, both my parents sitting at the kitchen table. This was the one time I wished that I was home alone. They both looked up from what they were working on, their confused expressions soon turned to panic when they saw my broken face.

"Em, I thought you were going to Harry's bachelor party? What happened?" My mum inquired resting her glasses on the top of her head.

My bottom lip began to tremble as I burst into another fit of sobs. I quickly storm up to my room and slammed my door, hinting to my parents that I wanted to be left alone.

I ran over to my bed collapsing on top of it. I didn't even bother to change as I curled up under the sheets and continued to cry.

My eyes were puffy and swollen to the point where I could barely open them. My face was probably stained of mascara running down my cheeks at this point. And I looked like an absolute mess, but I didn't bother doing anything about it.

I was surprised when I heard a soft knock on my door and watched my dad walk in.

"Hi honey," he whispered resting on my bed.

I didn't dare look up at him. I just kept my face down in my pillow.

"Rough night, huh?" He sighed stroking my hair lightly.

I nodded my head in response.

"I know it must hurt...Harry's getting married tomorrow." My dad stated the obvious as I cringed and refrained myself from letting out another obnoxious sob.

"Let me give you some advice," he began and I knew that it was only going to go down hill from there.

I let out a groan waiting for this torture to be over.

"Now I know what you're thinking, 'dad you give the worst advice ever, don't even try." He stated mocking my voice, which sounded nothing like me, "But I've gotten better at giving advice to my girls."

I rolled over to my side so I can face him and I saw him smiling down at me, pleased that I was now willing to give him a chance and listen.

"Let's start with this, boys are dumb. Trust me, I am one." My dad began and I let out an exaggerated whale-like noise into my pillow. "And I know right now, Harry is the most important person in your life, but there are plenty of fish in the sea, Em. Sometimes things aren't meant to be, and that's just life. If you were meant to be with Harry, you guys would've gotten together a long time ago."

"Dad," I whined feeling my eyes burn with more tears.

"Oh wait no- I didn't mean it-"

I inhaled shakily, only to let out another sob. It was loud and obnoxious, but I needed to let it out. If I kept it in, I knew it would only hurt more.

"Dad," someone interrupted from the doorway, "I think that's enough." Elyse stated walking in my room.

My dad rubbed my arm softly before standing from my bed.

"Thank God," he whispered to Elyse as he shut the door behind him.

I smile softly towards Elyse when I saw that in her hand she had a bowl of Oreos and glass of milk. She set it on the bedside table as I began to sit up from tear stained pillow. She grabbed a make up remover cloth from my vanity and softly wiped my eyes. The cloth felt refreshing as it cooled my heated face.

"Dad always gives the worst advice," she let out a light giggle.

"You're telling me..." I whispered rolling my eyes.