chapter eleven

♡♡♡

2.2.14

"On the count of three," Harry encouraged both Louis and I.

We all nodded are heads anticipating the strong taste of liquor from the shot glass.

"One..." Harry paused for a second inching the shot glass closer to his lips, "Two..." This time his pause was longer than before, as he watched Louis and I with amusement all over his face.

"Oh just get on with it already!" Louis groaned rolling his eyes.

"Three!" Harry finally said and we all dip our heads back to allow the liquid to burn its way down our throat.

"You're the worst, Styles." I smiled wincing a little from the rich vodka that was swirling through my body.

He sets his glass down, his eyes flickering to mine and a slightly drunken smirk spreads across his pink lips. "Oh yeah, Williams? Well, you're the bestest."

I rolled my eyes at his silly and drunk self.

"I don't care if we're celebrating your birthday, that is not a word." I pointed out but he protested as he shook his head.

"The bestest. That's you." He then smiled brightly as he poked my cheek with his fingers. "I mean it."

I smiled up him completely ignoring the fact that Louis was on the other side of the table.

"I'm going to use the restroom..." Louis coughed awkwardly shifting in his seat and then walking away from us.

I looked wide-eyed at Louis before glancing back over at Harry who was still staring at me, his bottom lip between his teeth trying to hide the smile that was growing on his face.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here for your actual birthday," I said starting a new topic with him.

"You're here now though." Harry smiled widely opening his arms and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I like you." He stated bluntly.

My jaw dropped as a short gasp escaped my lips. My stomach was a sporadic mess of butterflies and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode.

"I like you too, Harry." I smiled back at him.

"God, I like you so much, Emily." He continued his words slightly slurred but his tone was serious. "And you're so beautiful. Have I ever told you that?"

I felt my cheeks burning as a deep shade of pink crept up on my face.

"You're a little drunk, dimples," I giggled poking my fingers at his dimples, trying to avoid the tension that wrapped around us.

"Yes ma'am." Harry laughed softly nodding his head, "But tomorrow I'll be sober, and you'll still be beautiful, just as you have always been."

His words crushed me. My smiled faded clearly in denial I spoke, "That isn't true. You don't mean that."

"Yes I do!" He argued still smiling his cheeky grin.

I grab his hand, nodding my head; "It's time to get you home."

I rushed over to Louis telling him that I was going with Harry back to the hotel. Like the immature lad that Louis was he sent me a wink and smirked in response. I rolled my eyes and tugged Harry out of the bar and toward the car.