chapter twenty nine

♡♡♡

7.1.16 | 1 Day.

The phone rang leaving me anxious as I continued taping my fingers on the counter, and biting my bottom lip. It felt like minutes have passed by, when it's only been mere seconds.

"Thank you for calling Q Magazine, Matt Lesser speaking," he spoke into the phone on the other and I immediately felt my anxiety pick up speed.

"Hi Mr. Lesser, it's Emily Williams." I replied trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

"Oh Emily, I've been looking forward to hearing from you. What can I help you with?" He asked and it was now or never. My decision needed to be made.

"I was just calling to let you know that I-I've decided to accept your offer at Q Magazine." I smiled happy with my decision.

"That's excellent news!" He cheered, "We're so glad you've made this decision. You will love it here."

"I'm really excited to begin." I agreed nodding my head.

"Wonderful- we'll have you fly out tomorrow night and you'll start Monday. How does that sound?" He informed me.

Tomorrow night? That's so soon, I thought to myself. That was Harry's wedding.

"I hope that's alright with you," Matt stated, "The sooner we can get all our employees here the quicker we can begin working on our first edition."

"No I understand," I nodded, "Tomorrow night is fine. Thank you again for this opportunity, and I look forward to starting."

"And we look forward to having you. I'll see you Monday, Emily."

I paused looking at the phone and then hung up feeling a weight lift from my shoulders. I place my phone back in my clutch and turn around. I look up almost running into Niall.

By the look of his face, I already knew that he heard my conversation.

"So you've made your decision, I see."

"Yes." I nodded, "It's for the best, and you know that."

He quickly wrapped his arms around me pressing me close to him. I give in and held onto him exhaling.

Someone coughed from besides us causing me to quickly jump back and let go of Niall to look up at Liam.

"I'm sorry to ruin this moment...but, uh, Harry needs you Em." He said avoiding eye contact from Niall and I.

"Of course he does," I nod my head quickly as I smoothed out my dress. I pulled my shoulders back and sighed walking up the stairs and opening the door to Harry's room.

"Harry, Liam said that you needed some help?" I said walking closer toward him.

His tie was in a knot and he seemed to have given up.

"Oh thank God," Harry said walking over toward me, "Please help." He begged opening up his arms so my focus was directly down at his tie.

I chuckled a little bit as I being tying it, "You know, when you're married I'm not going to be around to help you with this," I told him tightening it slightly around his collar. "Does Violet know how to do tie a tie?" I inquired smoothing the material down.

Harry pondered for a moment and then answered shaking his head, "No."

"Well you better learn then." I smiled as I patted him on the chest.

"But you do it so well..." Harry whined pouting his lips.

"I'm not always going to be right next door," I stated thinking about how I would be moving to America in less than 24 hours. Now would be the perfect time to tell him.